Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) is the first private sector company in the region, engaged in the generation of electricity and desalination of water. It was founded in 1990, as a Qatari shareholding company, in accordance with the provisions of the Commercial Companies Law, for the purpose of owning and operating power generation and water desalination stations and sell their products.
The share capital of the company comprises one Billion and one hundred Million Qatari Riyals, divided into one hundred and ten million shares fully paid. The State of Qatar and its affiliates own approximately 52% of the share capital and the rest of the shares, around 48%, are held by companies and individuals. The Company is managed by the Board of Directors consisting of eleven members chaired by H.E. Dr. Mohammed Saleh Al-Sada, Minister of Energy & Industry Affairs, State of Qatar.
The QEWC is second largest utility in North Africa and the Middle East. It is the main supplier of electricity and desalinated water in Qatar with a market share of 62% of electricity and 79 % of the water. The Company has a electricity generation capacity of 5,432 MW and water desalination capacity of 258 MIGD, while the total power generation capacity in Qatar is 8,750 MW and water desalination capacity is 328 MIGD. The available power generation capacity in Qatar is currently exceeds its requirements by 2,700 MW.
The company has experienced remarkable growth over the past decade in line with the rapid development of the country's economy and population, which resulted in increases in demand for electricity and water and consequent increase the revenue of the company at a compounded annual growth rate of 10.3% in last five years.
There are always new vacancies coming up in Qatar Electricity and Water Company . While this is not the official career page Qatar Electricity and Water Company , we hope to quickly show you below the current live vacancies on the net.
There are currently no active Jobs from Qatar Electricity and Water Company .
Qatar Electricity and Water Company http://jobs.laimoon.com/company/qatar-electricity-and-water-company