M.A. Kharafi & Sons
Mohammed Abdulmohsin Al-Kharafi & Sons Company (MAK Group) is a private Kuwaiti based group with perse interests and activities worldwide. Established as a trading company more than 100 years ago it has since developed into a large multi-national company.
Following on from 1956 and with the advent of the construction boom in the Gulf, caused by the build-up of oil wealth in the region, Kharafi’s Construction pision quickly assumed a dominant role and expanded in response to the demands of a rapidly developing nation.
Having been awarded a number of important projects in Kuwait, the Gulf States, Africa, the Caribbean, Asia and Eastern Europe the MAK Group today has increased its size and status as a Grade ‘A’ International Contractor and these successful foreign ventures have led to the establishment of permanent branches in:
- 1965 - The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. 1968 - United Arab Emirates. 1975 - Yemen
- 1980 – Egypt. 1982 – Kenya. 1989 – Botswana and The Malpes
- 1992 – Niger, Albania, Lesotho and Tanzania. 1994 – Lebanon. 1995 – South Africa.
- 1996 – Indonesia and Eritrea. 1999 – Syria. 2002 – The Gambia. 2003 – Bulgaria.
Furthermore with our Factories pision and other construction related subsidiaries we are one of the most vertically integrated companies, fully staffed and equipped capable of meeting any of today’s challenges and opportunities.
As testimony to our company’s quality commitment and appreciation Mohammed Abdulmohsin Al-Kharafi & Sons have been certified as conforming to International Quality Standards – ISO9001:2008 with its principal activities being ‘ General Contracting and Civil Construction’. The major subsidiaries that have also been equally certified in their respective specializations include:
- Kharafi National KSC (Closed), Kuwait.
- ISOFOAM Insulating Materials & Plant company, Kuwait.
- Kuwaiti British Readymix Co.(KBRC)
- ADMAK General Contracting Company, U.A.E.
- M.A.Kharafi & Sons Co. W.L.L., Saudi Arabia.
- MAK Lebanon.
The activities covered are those in construction, manufacturing and commerce though within the Group we have Americana the largest food company in the Middle East and investments that include Kuwait’s leading financial institutions and other companies listed on the stock exchange. With an annual turnover exceeding US$5 Billion the M.A. Kharafi Group now operates in more than 25 countries around the world and has more than 120,000 employees, and continues to march ahead with firm commitments to development, growth and progress.
There are currently no active Jobs from M.A. Kharafi & Sons.