Careers in Kuwait National Petroleum Company
Since its incorporation, the company engaged in different activities of the oil industry. When it was established in 1960 KNPC was the only and first national company in a region where hydrocarbon resources were managed and exploited by foreign companies. The owners vision was a stimulating development and provided an exemplary experience in handling national resources. In its perspective KNPC came as a model for the indigenous potentials, to undertake management and exploitation of the oil resources which started to develop into a colossal source of income capable of sustaining the society welfare and financing its over all development. In 1975 the State acquired full ownership of KNPC and compensated the private shareholders for their stocks. KNPC’s operations were highly integrated mainly relying upon its oil refinery in Shuaiba and the marketing of petroleum products from Al-Ahmadi Refinery, run at the time by Kuwait Oil Company KOC- in both Local and international markets. As a matter of fact KNPC at that time was maintaining an efficient presence in Europe, the Far East and United States of America to handle the marketing of petroleum products from the Kuwait refineries. It even owned and operated a number of oil tankers to deliver petroleum products to customers all across the world.
- KNPC Celebrated its 50th Anniversary under the Patronage and with the Presence of His Highness The Amir.
- The Contract for Building the AGRP in Mina Al-Ahmadi Refinery was Signed.
- Implementation of the 4th Gas Train Commenced and studies for the Fifth Gas Train were completed.
- The Company Wins a number of Awards and Certificates Especially in Recognition of its Health, Safety and Environment Performance.
- Installation of devices for Vapour Recovery in the Petrol Stations began, as the second Phase of the Vapor Recovery Project.
- The Company Achieves High Profitability (Around KD 462 millions).
KPC Downstream Sector Mission, Vision & Values (MVV) is linked to KPC’s Vision signified by “Integration and Excellence are KNPC's path to Globality”. The MVV has been integrated across the Downstream Sector for the first time. KNPC is part of KPC Downstream Sector that includes other three KPC subsidiaries viz. KPI, PIC and KAFCO. Within the Downstream Sector, KNPC is responsible for Domestic Refining and Gas Processing. The unprecedented growth in the worldwide demand for energy presents us with the opportunity to transform our business into a leading global force. We will do it by aligning our performance, our people and our practice to this changed environment.
The Mission, Vision and Values below, embracing three themes of Integration, Performance & People/Partnership, show us the way to achieve KNPC's Vision.
There are currently no active Jobs from Kuwait National Petroleum Company.