Supervisor - Training & Competency Dubai, UAE
The Supervisor - Training and Competency will perform multiple tasks, including oversight and supervision that are related to the training department, to include assisting and maintaining training cost, support regional offices as well as assist in developing training requirements for new territories and/or customers.
Duties & Responsibilities (shall include but not be limited to):
- Maintain external training cost elements in training matrix
- Develop and maintain regional training and competency budget
- Research and Locate New Training Sources
- Research training requirements from operators, agencies and regulatory bodies
- Support effective implementation of newly introduced Training programs from other departments
- Report training & competency results to Operators as required
- Lead and/or Participate in initiatives to promote visible and pro-active management commitment and employee involvement in policy activities
- Supervises maintenance of training records and documents in the Learning Management System
- Support regional team in monitoring the impact of competence management system on operations' effectiveness, efficiency, and risk management
- Educate regional managers and employees on competence practices, programs and benefits
- Prepare Global competence plan, yearly goals and ensure regional plan and goals align with global goals and business strategy
- Develop, manage and communicate regional competence metrics/scorecards/KPIs collaboratively with regional management team
- Work collaboratively with Global management team in integrating competence management within operations
- Drive & manage change effectively in accordance with Change and Non-Conformance Management procedure
- Review and develop regional training and competency policies and procedures
- Makes changes to OJT/competency standards/frameworks as required, with feedback from operations
- Attend meeting with industry (IADC, OPITO, O&G UK etc.) representing the company on Training and Competency related matters
- Attend external audits for the operator and regulatory bodies (HSE, PSA etc.) if required
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related field or experience equivalent to this level
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Team-player attitude
- Service-oriented approach
- Solid work ethic
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
Skills & Experience:
- Must have above average people skills and able to work effectively with a diverse staff, subcontractors and vendors
- Must have proven management skills as they will have the responsibility to hire, mentor, coach, discipline, evaluate, write and monitor personnel improvement plans
- Must have proven mediation skills, demonstrated project management skills, superior communication and strategic planning skills
- Must be able to multi-task and change direction frequently depending on directives from the customer
- Previous experience in a training supervisory role
- Strong organization and communication skills to supervise training coordination team
- The ability to prioritize and manage your workload, responding to requests in a timely fashion.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to motivate and inspire people
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions
- Very good computer skills particularly with MS Word and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Required to sit for long periods of time
• Infrequent light physical effort required
The work environment characteristics are consistent with office and training facilities located in a technical field such as the oil and gas industry. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EnscoRowan is constantly looking for new talent. Are you looking for your next opportunity? If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview appointments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EnscoRowan is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
EnscoRowan was forged by the combination of two leading offshore drillers with decades of experience and knowledge to create the most capable, effective and highest performing offshore drilling service company in the world. We provide drilling services across all water depths with unmatched scale, geographic presence and customer relationships. Our diverse rig fleet of ultra-deepwater drillships, versatile semisubmersibles and modern shallow-water jackups is capable of meeting a wide spectrum of customers' well program requirements. Our rig fleet is among the most technologically advanced in the industry and our well-trained crews perform at the highest levels in the most challenging offshore environments.
Our customers include many of the largest offshore exploration and production companies including major integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With an unwavering focus on safety and dedicated offshore and onshore employees, we provide innovative solutions and aim to deliver excellence to customers in everything that we do.
EnscoRowan is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:ESV).
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.