GENERAL MANAGER - EMIRATES HOLIDAYS INDIA
Emirates Airlines - India
GENERAL MANAGER - EMIRATES HOLIDAYS INDIA - 1900006C
Posted Date: 11-Mar-2019
Closing Date: 18-Mar-2019
Our Employee Value Proposition
With you on board, we can be the world’s most admired air services provider.
Our diverse, global teams have this vision at heart. Every day we’re defining new levels of service for our customers. We do this by working closely with employees and suppliers, putting safety at the heart of everything we do. With your talent, passion and big ideas, and our industry-leading performance, we can flourish. We can be the world’s most admired air services provider.
This is a leadership role
Our Leaders focus on people and results, they engage, collaborate, inspire others and they consistently act as a role model. Our leaders develop a culture where all their colleagues possess the skills, knowledge and the confidence to work safely, feel respected and are engaged in helping everyone stay safe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for review, communication and implementation of SOPs, work instructions and KPIs in the department, based on customer requirements, Corporate Integrated Management System, regulatory and industry standards, Quality Management Systems and departmental objectives and policies. Facilitate and represent the department at all external airline audits, change management processes, continuous improvement programmes & ensure all staff are updated on SOPs for relevant areas of operations.
This exciting role is to manage and grow the Emirates Holidays outbound leisure business in India. This position is based in Noida, New Delhi, India.
- The role will require regular travel within India and also to Emirate Holiday’s head office in Dubai;
- The successful candidate will:- be integral to the growth of the Emirates Holidays business in India and have overall responsibility and accountability for the day to day management of the business;
- work collaboratively and proactively with various internal departments within the group, including commercial, central e-commerce, marketing, product, pricing and Emirates airline;
- Manage the Emirates Holidays/outbound leisure team in India, including all required sales staff and operations staff (and be responsible for all recruitment, performance development, growth and mentoring of such staff);
- plan and formulate sales and revenue targets and budgets and ensure cost effectiveness is achieved in all areas of the business;
- develop marketing briefs and campaigns suitable to the India market in conjunction with marketing team;
- monitor and report on sales performance across all channels;
- manage, nurture and develop relationships with key travel agent partners in focus cities;
- identify and secure new travel agent customers and other lucrative opportunities to grow the business in India;
- constantly monitor and report on market trends and competitor activities;
- advise on appropriate product and pricing strategies based on local market knowledge and competitor activity; and
- carry out any additional responsibilities assigned by executive management from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in business, tourism or a related discipline;
- Fluent in both Hindi and English with strong verbal and written communication skills in both languages;
- Minimum of 8 years of outbound leisure experience, including significant FIT leisure experience. Strong trade relationships are a must
- A minimum of 4 years in a management position;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership abilities along with strong numeracy skills;
- International business experience desirable;
- Analytical thinker with a high degree of initiative to keep pace with market trends and develop appropriate innovative strategies;
- Business Thinking
- Developing Talent
- Engaging Others
- Providing Direction
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Understanding Baggage Handling Trade-wings Institute of ManagementUSD 71
USD 75Duration: 40 Hours
Understanding Aviation & Travel Terminology Trade-wings Institute of ManagementUSD 71
USD 75Duration: 35 Hours
Understanding Airline Management Trade-wings Institute of ManagementUSD 116
USD 120Duration: 45 Hours