Saudi Aramco is seeking an Intellectual Property (IP) Management Specialist to join the Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TS&PD).
TS&PD provides critical and timely information and develops execution strategies to align Company projects with value-driven deployments in high-impact areas that offer the Company a significant, distinctive, and sustainable competitive advantage in its core businesses. TS&PD also ensures that the intellectual property planning/filings are coordinated with the ultimate objective of the technology strategy.
You primary role will be to participate in IP strategy development and be responsible for ensuring that Saudi Aramco's Intellectual Property portfolio (patents, copyrights, and trade secrets) is in line with the strategy. Primary activities include analysis of invention disclosures and working with inventors and in-house IP counsels on patent prosecution activities. This is as well as performing data analysis that delivers valuable insights to innovators and management to influence decision-making. IP experience in energy, chemicals, environmental engineering, or the heavy industrial sector is preferred, but not required.
You should have a bachelor's degree in Engineering or related scientific field and preferably a master's degree in intellectual property.
You will have at least 12 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years as a specialist in the IP field, and achieved substantial recognition by peers as an expert.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Support the development, enhancement, and implementation of the Saudi Aramco IP strategy.
- Support inventors in obtaining the appropriate protection for their invention.
- Assess the patentability of invention disclosures (i.e., conduct prior art searches).
- Deliver insights from competitive analysis of patent and commercial product (i.e., IP mapping).
- Support in-house IP counsel with patent prosecution and other patent related activities.
- Management of annuity payments, including responding to annuity payment requests and resolving issues.
- Conduct IP awareness sessions and training.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.