Polypropylene Business Specialist
Saudi Aramco - Saudi Arabia
Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, is seeking experienced professionals to join our growing Chemicals Business Organization. We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Polypropylene Business Specialist that possesses the demonstrated ability to:
• Leverage strong technical and business acumen with meaningful experience in the Polypropylene commercial landscape.
• Lead research activities and trend analysis driving high value polypropylene grades and applications, including engineering resins, catalysts, licensing, and/or specialty applications.
• Develop actionable plans through provision of market information and supply/demand analysis, to qualify new customer leads and pursue emerging market/product opportunities.
• Formulate cogent commercial strategies, including brand growth and fostering cohesive technical sales teams.
• Build commercial and supply relationships from first contact through product/customer qualification and sustain them to form loyal customer alliances.
• Consult on new plant product capabilities through preferred licensor strategies and relationships.
• Guide licensor selection protocols to capture maximum value from a technology’s product slate and flexibility.
• Perform due diligence in prospective mergers and acquisitions by advising on the product slate and competitive potential of assets
• Liaise closely with PP technology specialists to identify and exploit high value product niches and enable the commercial and technical capability to supply.
• Guide the mentorship of promising young engineers to develop their business acumen and commercial experiences.
Candidates must have good communication skills and be comfortable working independently and effectively with cross-department teams and through vertical organizational levels. Candidate will be the Company’s primary commercial advisor in the Polypropylene business.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
• Bachelor in Chemical Engineering or a closely related field; MBA is highly desired.
• Minimum of 20 years of experience in the petrochemical industry with a significant portion in Polyproylene marketing, technical sales support and/or Polypropylene market management.
• Awareness of competitive product capabilities of major Polypropylene processes
• Ability to assess the competitiveness of polypropylene plants and product slates.
• Strong knowledge of polypropylene applications, regional markets, and global economics.
• Experience with implementing robust market strategy and effective commercial negotiations.
• Previous leadership position in Polypropylene commercial and strategy management is highly desirable.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and networking skills.
• A demonstrated ability to interface effectively with internal engineering, R&D and technical service groups.
• Experience working internationally, and particularly in the middle-east.
• Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally.
• Passion for mentorship and knowledge sharing to support the development of promising young engineers.
Saudi Aramco’s position as the world’s leading energy producer offers unique opportunities for downstream integration and development the Chemicals business. Consider the opportunity to join our team and help shape the future of the chemicals industry.
Saudi Aramco’s Refining, Marketing & International (RM&I) business line is responsible for the Company’s downstream operations: refining, distribution and marketing. RM&I oversees the operations of the Company’s wholly owned refineries and NGL (natural gas liquids) fractionation plants. The business line is also responsible for the Company’s large integrated distribution system that encompasses pipelines, bulk plants and marine terminals. Saudi Aramco’s wholly-owned shipping subsidiary, Vela International Marine Limited, operates one of the world’s largest fleets of supertankers. RM&I coordinates the Company’s crude oil and refined products sales and marketing activities, in the Kingdom and in the Far East, Europe and the United States. RM&I also directs the Company’s domestic and international joint and equity ventures in refining and marketing. Recently, the Company has moved further downstream by integrating petrochemical production with its Rabigh refinery in a project with an international partner and by entering into a similar venture in China. Additional integrated refining and petrochemical ventures are under study. 16478BR
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.