Digital Marketing Manager
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our Growth Marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you will be responsible for scaling our Digital Marketing channels and driving user acquisition for our free product. We’re looking for a candidate who is comfortable in building out omni-channel marketing campaigns across both paid and unpaid acquisition channels. You’ll be responsible for building and developing campaigns on ad platforms like Google, Facebook and LinkedIn, and improving Vidyard’s discoverability across online communities, marketplaces, review sites, social media, etc.
This is a cross-functional role where you will closely partner with product marketing, content marketing, and our segment marketing teams, to drive collective results.
About the Team
Our Growth Marketing team is a small but mighty group of individuals that wear multiple hats across performance marketing, web, CRO, and user acquisition. This team is responsible for driving Vidyard’s product-led growth (PLG) and self-serve strategy forward by improving our top of funnel end-user acquisition, to ultimately grow account-based monetization.
What You’ll Work On
- Own day-to-day management and optimization of campaigns across ad platforms, to drive free user acquisition
- Drive continued optimization of paid search campaigns through performance analysis, ad copy and design testing, quality score improvement, keyword management, feed optimization, etc.
- Support and provide recommendations to other marketing program managers on how to execute campaigns through paid digital channels.
- Analyze data, develop observations and recommend improvements.
- Develop and manage campaigns across relevant sales marketplaces, online forums and communities, review sites, etc.
- Improve visibility and discoverability of our existing extensions and apps (Google Chrome extension, Microsoft extension, Desktop app)
- Launch and manage campaigns to generate user reviews on third-party websites such as G2Crowd and TrustRadius
- Launch signup conversion e-mai and retargeting campaigns to our lead database, to move them down the funnel
- Articulate and synthesize data to internal team members to influence spending decisions/ digital marketing strategies.
As a Digital Marketing Manager You Can Expect to:
- Own our entire paid and performance marketing strategy. You’ll also own Display and Social Media ad execution, while working with our in-house performance marketing specialist for search/SEM.
- Mentor, and closely work alongside one performance marketing specialist, and manage relationships with any ongoing contractors
- Go beyond the ad world to discover and scope out new user acquisition opportunities on organic/unpaid digital channels we haven’t tested before
- Share learnings and stay aligned with our external SEO consultancy/internal SEO squad to ensure that our digital acquisition strategy and plans incorporate organic search initiatives
- Consistently wear multiple hats - you’re not afraid to test new user acquisition ideas and venture into uncharted territory
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- 3+ years of experience in at least 1-2 areas outlined in the job description, with working knowledge (and a willingness to learn) of others
- You have experience running search and display campaigns using ad platforms like Google Search, Google Display Network, Facebook, LinkedIn and TikTok
- You know your way around Google Analytics, and Spreadsheets. Experience with Heap Analytics, Looker or SQL is a plus.
- You have the ability to write compelling content (ad copy, landing page, e-mail content etc) or wear a content writer hat, even if that’s not your core skill set
- You’re incredibly data driven, and default to choosing numbers over gut
- You have experience working with a Product-Led Growth business/B2B SaaS organization
- You show enthusiasm and an openness to learn, grow, and expand your knowledge
- You bring an experimental mindset- you strive for wins, but you aren’t afraid of failing and aim to learn as much as you can from failures
- You’re empathetic and easy to work with. Growth Marketing is a diverse group that prioritizes inclusion and embraces other cultures, so big plus if you align with these values.
Our Tech Stack
- Heap Analytics
- Visual Website Optimizer
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. We are all aboard at Vidyard and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value direct and transparent communication, you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
- Benefits described are Canadian specific, if you’re located in another country our Talent team will speak with you about localized benefits for you.
Remote @ Vidyard:
As a video-centric organization, Vidyard has mastered the art of remote work. Whether you are local to our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, or you join us from elsewhere, you will be an integral part of the team.
Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace.
- Socialize purposefully within teams as well as across the organization.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule. We know your time is valuable, so own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle.
We believe working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers, so from onboarding to day-to-day operations, your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify us at email@example.com.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.