Senior Corporate Strategy Advisor
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking a Senior Corporate Strategy Advisor to join the Strategic Planning Department within its Corporate Strategy & Planning organization. This senior role will directly contribute to the Company's strategy development and update process through the application of best-practices in the fields of upstream, downstream, new energies and corporate strategy. The candidate will coordinate the development of the Company's Corporate Strategy, provide analytical support and facilitation of strategic decision-making by Corporate Management, and lead communication of the Corporate Strategy across the organization and in key Company publications.
- Acts as a "Corporate Advisor" for Corporate Strategy and related issues and provides relevant strategic and process-related insight to the Strategic Planning Department, the Corporate Planning organization, the CEO and members of Corporate Management.
- Takes a leading role in the development and update of the Company's Corporate Strategy in coordination with other business strategists and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the Corporate Planning organization and the various business and support lines. Generates and proposes to corporate and executive management strategic options backed up with the appropriate analysis.
- P repares research and special studies and analyses as required, for the Corporate Planning organization and various Corporate Committees.
- Coordinates with all groups of Strategic Planning and other departments of Corporate Planning to develop the analysis required for the development and update of the Corporate Strategy.
- Must cultivate key matrix relationships across the organization and be able to persuade counterparts at different levels and advance corporate strategic thinking to ensure the organization is proactive in adjusting or developing its strategy.
- Interfaces, influences, and collaborates with a group of SMEs, strategists and professionals across the organization responsible for articulating and crafting business strategies from the Company's Strategic Plan, including challenging strategic analysis, and assisting in clarifying objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or closely related specialty, with graduate degree highly desirable. The ideal candidate will have spent most of her/his career in oil & gas, preferably in relevant departments of a major oil & gas company and supplemented by consulting experience in the energy practice of a major international consulting firm. The candidate will be a recognized energy industry expert and thought leader in energy company strategy, and up to date on the latest developments, drivers and paths for the energy industry.
- The candidate must have solid experience in strategy development, strategic planning and scenario planning in an oil & gas - and wider energy - industry context. Experience in a combination of technical, operational, commercial and strategic roles is desirable, with at least 5-10 years' experience in a Corporate Strategy or Corporate Planning role, where the Advisor will have had a key role in company strategy development and regularly interfaced with top management (CEO, Business Leaders).
- The Candidate must be able to independently initiate research to formulate, coherently articulate, and present ideas and initiatives assessing issues or opportunities impacting the Company's strategy or performance.
- The candidate will have regularly prepared and presented to Corporate Management and Board level, as well as across organizational levels and at external fora such as conferences, and must therefore be able to quickly build the trust and respect of Executive Committee members, senior management and peers.
- The candidate will have worked in an international setting, with a sound appreciation of working with multi-national teams.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.