Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently looking for a Senior Estimator to work on the engineering and project management services in Al Khobar office
- Under general supervision competently performs all aspects of estimating assignments typically in large and more complex projects
- Prepare and develop the Basis of Estimate for project cost estimates for submission
- Develop, issue, and maintain project cost estimates in accordance with the Basis of Estimate including statements of work scope, assumptions, man-hour estimates, narratives, and review & comment of client documents
- Participate in the internal review of project cost estimates, coordinating comments & updates and ultimately obtaining estimate approval as required
- Delivery of reviewed estimates to Wood management for review and approval
- Production and issue of updates to projects cost estimates in a controlled manner
- Liaise with other Project Controls disciplines to ensure projects budgets and schedules are developed to reflect the structure and content of the approved project cost estimate
- Liaise with engineering, procurement, subcontract and construction functions to maintain awareness of the requirements and costs of labour, plant and equipment, materials, subcontracts, offices, IT, and other provisions, to ensure these are accurately reflected in the project cost estimate.
- Undertake the formal filing of project and proposal estimates, the collection of project historical data and the continuous update of estimating databases and norms in a controlled manner.
- Coordinate the development and issue of change orders in accordance with the appropriate change notifications
- May Assess and communicate cost and schedule impact of change notifications.
- Participate in Project Controls Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews
- Assist and support in the mentoring of junior estimating personnel
- B.Sc. Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years working experience as cost estimator within Oil and Gas engineering and contract services
- A working knowledge of Aspentech ACCE estimating software, along with other Oil and Gas standard estimating software and tools
- Able to plan, prepare, coordinate and consolidate all estimating activities
- An appreciation of engineering techniques and their suitability in the delivery environment
- A practical knowledge of safe methods of working
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and pro - active
- Possess good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can - do attitude and a desire to win
- Able to promote an open and informal communication environment that aims at growing mutual trust and teamwork
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.