Expression of Interest - Project Management Office
Expression of Interest - Project Management Office
We have multiple exciting opportunities at all levels for Project Management Professionals to join our cutting-edge High Frequency Communications program. You will work on a Bespoke product that will be the gold standard within the Five Eyes community. With a strong passion for Project Management, you will play an integral role in our endeavours to develop and embed this capability across the Australasia business and contribute to our global transformation initiatives through the pilot of a new global operating model.
You will be a skilled Project Management professional who thrives working within a complex forward-thinking environment, the ideal candidate will have an interest and exposure to the following:
- An understanding or keen interest of Project Management practices.
- Exposure to large Projects within a Defence or Engineering environment.
- Understanding of Software design patterns and hardware interfacing skills.
- Ability to acquire an Australian Defence Clearance.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Managing Project Risk
- Defining Project Scope
- Building complex Schedules
- Project analysis & reporting
- Resource Management
- Budgeting & Cost Control practices
- Process Improvement
- Managing scope creep
- Defining work breakdown structures
- Earned Value Management
- Project Governance
- Contract Management
- Use of Project Management tools such as COBRA or P6
Your future at Babcock - what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you're able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility.
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave.
- You'll have access to be Rewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days.
- You'll be able to participate in our we Recognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are?
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business.
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business.
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers.
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now' button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.