Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Pipeline Engineer to work as part of their Production Support Team and will be supporting the Client Lead Pipeline Engineer to perform assigned duties to implement the Client's engineering projects. Note that the engineer will initially work remotely from within UAE, but may be expected to locate to DPE Main office later depending on internal COVID guidance. Core Responsibilities required as below: Experience Profile:
- Senior Onshore Pipeline Engineer with minimum of 10+ years of detailed engineering experience in oil and gas field.
- Must have working knowledge and experience of onshore oil and gas industry codes, specifications and practices.
- Working within the pipeline design team on onshore feasibility, conceptual, basic engineering, FEED, detailed design and EPC projects.
- Develop the pipeline design basis
- Prepare pipeline material, coating, testing and installation specifications
- Prepare pipeline material requisition, perform technical bid evaluation / analysis and vendor data review.
- Mechanical calculations such as wall thickness, buckling check, spanning and expansion calculations.
- Pipeline stability analysis
- Tie-in and expansion spool stress analysis using CAESAR II or equivalent software
- Pipeline crossing analysis and design
- Preparation scope of work for various 3rd party activities such Topographical & geotechnical surveys, major road crossings using HDD / Micro tunnelling, Hot tapping and Technical evaluation of associated bids.
- Review of various technical reports developed by 3 rd party Contractors
- Pipeline route selection, trenching / backfilling design
- Pipeline global / upheaval buckling analysis
- Provide material take off and bill of materials
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical / Civil & Structural
- 10 years experience in Oil and Gas onshore pipeline engineering design
- Hands on experience in CAESAR II, MATHCAD etc.
- Should be pragmatic, self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Able to present and write technical reports in fluent English.
- Expected to take ownership of issues and follow them through to completion.
- Willingness to interact directly with people.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to work in an organised and structured fashion, and within time constraints.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.