The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) is an Arab regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries. AMF is seeking to recruit a "Director, Legal and Compliance Department" in the fund. Purpose: As Legal and Compliance Director, you are responsible for ensuring AMF complies with its outside regulatory requirements and internal policies as well as providing cooperation in issues related to corporate governance procedures. You will work on compliance with local legislation where necessary. The postholder will be responsible for identifying legislation that have impacts on AMF and ensuring compliance with it. In addition, you will be providing sound legal counsel and legal risk assessment to AMF on all legal matters to facilitate decision making and ensure protection against legal exposure (1st line of defense); act as "2nd line of defense" providing oversight of regulatory and internal regulatory compliance risks and reporting to the AMF Director General Chairman of the Board. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, implement, administer, and enforce policies, procedures, laws and regulations required for AMF to operate in accordance with its internal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and update a compliance manual, Develop/maintain legal & compliance strategy, frameworks, and policies.
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts.
- Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations, monitor compliance with laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Deliver quality, cost-effective legal advice and services, including drafting, reviewing and acting as custodian for all legal documentation and contracts.
- Perform secretariat activities for Board of Governors (BoG) and Board of Directors (BoD).
- Develop, maintain, operate internal methodologies and processes to effectively identify, monitor, report, escalate regulatory/legal compliance risks, incl. internal investigation.
- Oversee relationship with related official state bodies in legal and compliance matters.
- Act as custodian of sensitive passwords / SWIFT privileged users' passwords etc.
- Propose changes to the legal governance of AMF.
- Approve internal methodologies and processes for identifying, monitoring, reporting, escalating compliance risks.
- Develop and implement legal procedures so as to fulfill procedural/legislative requirements.
- Develop, maintain, operate internal methodologies and processes to effectively identify, monitor, report, escalate compliance risks, including internal investigations.
- Render legal advice to top management and any other department, incl. on investments, portfolios, agreements, disputes.
- Direct and monitor the preparation of legal studies and research. Coordinate relations with external legal experts and external lawyers Manage response to legal cases and disputes.
- Prepare meetings and relevant documentation, set the agenda and prepare minutes for (BoD) and (BoG). Draft and prepare all internal resolutions and decisions.
- Draft and prepare (BoD) and (BoG) resolutions, acting as a custodian for the original documents.
- Assess impacts of legal and regulatory compliance risks on AMF objectives and activities.
- Conduct investigations on alleged breaches of internal regulation.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all Regulatory Authorities with highest standards of business ethics.
- Promptly attend to all critical issues so as to ensure that the legal services required by AMF are delivered effectively.
- Undertake any other legal and compliance issues you will be assigned to perform.
- LLB from an accredited law school, member of recognized Bar, master's in law is highly preferable.
- 10-15 years of experience with a reputable organization, 3 years in a leading legal function in corporate/ similar organization/ financial institution.
- Legal research, report drafting, resolution, arbitration, prosecution, litigation, negotiation, contracting.
- Knowledge of policies, regulations, and legislation
- Legal and Compliance risk mitigation analysis, crisis management skills.
- Understanding of regulatory/legal compliance risk management frameworks and best practices, regulations.
- risk assessment.
- effective communication skills.
- Ability to train on legal and compliance issues.
- Knowledge of operations and risks of financial institutions.
- fluency in Arabic and English language skills.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Arab Monetary Fund
Financial Investment Portfolio Building Study 365AED 85
AED 955Duration: 1 Hour
Activity Based Costing Parts Course LineAED 85Duration: Upto 2 Hours