Finance Distribution Manager - RemoteAre you looking to build your career with an exciting industry? Are you looking to become a part of a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we? Target Specialty Products is proud to be a leading wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. Target serves the entire United States from 43 conveniently located branch locations and provides products and services to the following industries, in both the private and public sector: structural pest control, landscape construction and maintenance, golf course maintenance and turfgrass maintenance, production nursery, industrial vegetation management, aquatic, forestry and vector control.
What will our Manager, Finance, Distribution do?We are looking for a finance manager to work with the Distribution finance team for Target Specialty products. At a high level, primary responsibilities include month/quarter/year end close, budgeting/forecasting, business analytics to identify and drive improvements, and internal reporting, with 1 direct report.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for assisting the Finance Director in building budgets, forecasts, and explaining variances to budgets/forecasts on a monthly basis by district/business
- Responsible for assisting the Finance Director in managing month, quarter and year end close for the distribution business (i.e. accruals, manage P&L, B/S)
- Assist the Finance director on any internal/external audits as needed
- Assist the Finance director of ongoing projects/initiatives
- Financial Analyses of business results and projects as needed
- Monthly internal financial reporting
- Managing rebates program from suppliers
- Managing the monthly and annual commission calculation and true up processes for Sales
- Managing the annual bonus calculations
- Solid technical skills and ability to learn new systems – Navision, Microsoft office (excel, word, power point) and Google tools
- Support process improvements in the business where it makes sense
- Manage 1 direct report
A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a financial analysis & reporting role
At a minimum, a university or college degree with accounting knowledge.
An MBA or CPA (desired or close to completing - good working knowledge/strong understanding of accounting principles – GAAP, IFRS) would be ideal
Background in distribution/supply chain finance preferred but not a necessity
- Effective communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Be a team player and autonomous when needed given tasks/projects
- Must pass pre-employment background screen
Why Choose Target Specialty Products?
A career with Target Specialty Products is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Target Specialty Products has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- Retirement Savings plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, (and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Target Specialty Products Canada, a brand of Rentokil Canada Corporation, is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply for positions. Target Specialty Products Canada is committed to provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please ensure to inform us if you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.