Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Subsea Pipeline Engineer based in Abu Dhabi office for a permanent contract. The Lead Engineer shall be acting as a member of a technical team to provide subsea pipeline expertise and develop technical capability and a member of project teams to undertake assigned tasks. Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure technical compliance, accuracy, quality and execution of all aspects of offshore pipeline design at conceptual, FEED and EPC / PMC level
- Lead assigned engineers to provide the full range of pipeline services required in oil and gas projects at conceptual FEED and EPC / PMC level
- Carry out, review, approve and/or supervise study and design work.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines and participate in review meetings, in accordance with Project requirements.
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations and deliverables such as tie-in spool and riser design, route selection, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability, spans analysis, pipeline expansion, on-bottom roughness, global buckling and cathodic protection design.
- Review and audit activity on projects and support internal development and continuous improvement activities as required.
- Support and perform appraisal activities within the group.
- Provide technical expertise and support to business development activities and proposal preparations.
- Review contracts, identify and understand Scope of Work & Gaps; Advise on corrective measures accordingly.
- Managing internal & external interfaces (Client, Inter-departmental, Engineering-Subcontractor & Vendors)
- Identification of gap/conflicts amongst various project information, specifications/drawings & recommend corrective measures to ensure design integrity.
- Projects Team
- Minimum BSc Degree in Engineering but MSc degree desirable.
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in subsea pipeline design.
- Proven track record in a conceptual environment as well as FEED and detailed design experience
- Familiar with the relevant International standards and Codes of Practice and competent in the design, specification and selection of pipeline systems to meet the requirements
- Knowledge of finite element modelling in 2D, 3D (desirable) and f amiliarity with Abaqus software
- Knowledge of pipeline installation techniques.
- Knowledge of pipeline materials, insulation methods, composite pipe types.
- Have held a similar position in pipeline consultancy companies
- Be seen as a technical expert in their field and will be able to coach and mentor others to similar levels of technical expertise.
- Previous experience in lifetime extension projects.
- Must be able to think conceptually, develop strategies to enhance pipeline and offshore expertise, the vision required to develop a group of pipeline experts and have broad industry knowledge.
- Be willing, able to 'do' as well as 'sell' and lead small teams being a convincing and fluent communicator.
- An individual with strong drive and vision.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.