Our mission at Halo is to move science forward. One of Fast Company’s 2021 “World Changing Ideas,” Halo’s platform connects scientists directly with companies to bring new innovations to the world. We work with the R&D teams at some of the world's most iconic companies – including PepsiCo, Bayer, Baxter, Reckitt and P&G – on topics ranging from sustainability to human health. Since going live in January 2020, more than 3,500 scientists from 75 countries have joined. We are venture-backed by Asymmetric Capital, Village Global and Anne Wojcicki, CEO of 23&Me.Read on to learn more about what you’ll do, and check out our reviews on Glassdoor.Overview: Halo is looking for a Marketing Specialist to assist across all aspects of sales and marketing and serve as a general utility player eager to contribute ideas and help the business grow.The Marketing Specialist will manage marketing campaigns to promote each research opportunity to relevant scientists within the Halo network and attract new scientists to the platform (read a case study here). You will also become the internal champion for customer experience at Halo.You will be given more responsibility than a typical workplace while gaining first-hand experience on the ground-floor of a startup tackling a meaningful problem.The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, organized, and ready to make an impact Day 1.What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and project manage client campaigns from start to finish, including planning client calls, managing timelines, communicating deadlines, assembling campaign recap presentations, and building relationships.
- Provide an outstanding customer support experience for users through chat, email and social media, and manage the Knowledge Center (routinely updating and creating FAQ resources).
- Organize and promote webinars to showcase research opportunities to scientists, including creating landing pages, registration forms, promotional emails, slides, and surveys.
- Become an in-house expert in Hubspot Marketing Hub, Sales Hub and Service Hub.
- Own the customer service function and make recommendations to incorporate customer feedback.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of content (including email newsletters and social media), and collaborate with freelance writers and interns.
- You have 1-3 years experience in marketing, account management, client support, customer service, or project management. That said, a can-do attitude, creativity and drive are more important to us than years of experience and we will consider relevant undergraduate experience.
- You have a general knowledge of digital marketing and marketing channels.
- You are passionate about our mission to “move science forward.”
- You are obsessed with providing excellent customer service.
- You are a project management pro, known for your organization, detail orientation, and respect for deadlines.
- You are a skilled verbal and written communicator and hold your own in a room with senior stakeholders.
- You are entrepreneurial and thrive in unpredictable, fast-paced environments. You’re enthusiastic about owning your own projects.
- You seek out and appreciate feedback while not being shy to share your own.
- You love building things from scratch and take satisfaction in the success of something larger than yourself.
- You take your work seriously but don’t take yourself too seriously! While technically a job, this shouldn’t feel like work because you're inspired by the mission and energized by the challenge.
- Prior experience working for a startup (especially a marketplace business) is a plus
- Knowledge of R&D, open innovation, or scientific research (particularly in health or sustainability) is a plus
- Proficient with Hubspot (preferable) or similar marketing automation software is a plus
- Experience with a content management system (CMS) like WordPress is a plus
- Get paid well. We believe top talent should get top pay and don’t want you to sacrifice salary for your dream job.
- Share in the upside. Early employees have an outsized impact on a startup’s success. It’s only fair that you receive meaningful equity in return.
- Donate to research. Make a donation to scientific research you care about and we’ll match your donation dollar-for-dollar.
- Volunteer for research. Participate in a research study through ResearchMatch, a nonprofit funded by the NIH, and get a $500 bonus check.
- Stay healthy. We don’t ever want your health to be a source of stress and offer top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Escape for the Winter. From December to March, Halo will fly you anywhere in the country to escape the cold and get some Vitamin D.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
AED 1,175Duration: Upto 5 Hours
Marketing and Advertising Diploma 1TRAININGAED 134
AED 882Duration: Upto 30 Hours