- Monitors kitchen equipment and reports issues to superiors
- Continually develops culinary knowledge to produce high-quality meals
- Measures, mixes, and prepares meal ingredients, sauces, and seasonings
- Washes, chops, and cuts fruit, meat, and vegetable items
- Assesses inventory and requests resupply when necessary
- Plates meal items under the head chef's supervision
- Disposes of spoiled items and adheres to sanitation policies
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.