Tile Setter Position
- Laying and setting tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs.
- Cutting and fitting tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools.
- you may work indoors and outdoors, alone or with a team of other construction professionals. The job is physically demanding – you may have to bend and kneel for long periods of time, and often have to lift heavy materials.
- Preparing, measuring and marking surfaces to be covered.
- Mixing, applying and spreading cement, glue or other adhesives using hand tools.
- Aligning and straightening tiles using levels and squares.
- Applying plaster between tiles and removing excess plaster
- Cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
- Removing and replacing cracked or damaged tiles
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.