At General Motors we pride ourselves on designing, building and selling the world's best vehicles. We are seeking a new generation of visionaries to help launch bold engineering and business initiatives, and shape new directions for General Motors. As an intern student through our Internship Program you will gain hands-on career specific experiences to maximize your real world potential.
Additional Job Description
1- Process efficiency examples (not limited)
- Files that can be managed in Wday vs parallel manually updated files
- Talent reviews
- Demographic slides
- Projects and initiatives status
- Onboarding (new hires slides for APM, org announcements)
- HR Metric as region
- Employee letters
- Employee files
- Explore market practice for hybrid work styles - how other MultinationalCorporation are embracing flexibility/working remotely
- Wellness plan exploration to increase engagement & find suitable topics
- Researching and collecting local data related to Diversity Equity &Inclusion
- Best practices in the UAE to hire people of determination
- Leadership feedback kit
- Recognition campaign
different areas to better understand the processes. Activities might include (notlimited)
- Moderate for virtual classroom activities
- Support the technology
- Performs technology and systems checks with trainers before class
- Manage the technical delivery of the class & helptroubleshoot/remedy the participants' technical issues.
- Assist or facilitate the virtual activities possible in the platformbeing used (breakout rooms, chat pods for individual attention, Sharepods, Camera & Voice, music pods, whiteboards, Kahoot, Quizziz, etc.)
- Cue trainers to answer questions, to move to the next topic, to callon the attention of a non-participating attendee, remind trainers of timespent & time left in sessions.
- Administer polls/surveys/post-tests & be able to immediatelyprovide poll data to the host.
- Document feedback and administer after-class activities (projectsubmissions, report who got disconnected, not able to take the post-testseven if they remain connected)
- Monitor hand raises; trigger a shy group to respond by answering aswell in chat or whiteboard activities or poll questions. Assist with role-plays.
- "Clean" the room, play lobby music, trigger timers, record the
- sessions, correctly close virtual classrooms.
- Upload/download files and activities for sharing.
- Serve as a Temp host in the event of the host's connection gettingdisrupted.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteeropportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities (in GM facilities that provide disability access). If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.