About UsCobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world's economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.We specialise in the proprietary trading of the intraday and short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.Cobblestone Values
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
- A full-time position on our Commercial team.
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues.
- Great compensation and rewards.
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions.
- Unlimited growth potential.
- Support the commercial decisions of the traders through the provision of timely analysis and market monitoring.
- Perform research into various aspects of the European Energy markets
- Analyse business requirements (tools and systems) and provide ideas to solutions that add value to the bottom line.
- Strong numerical, logical reasoning and analytical skills.
- A in A level Mathematics. Must have studied Mathematics at A level. *
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Resilience and a determination to succeed.
- Independent thinkers with growth mindset.
- Programming (e.g., Python, Java, C++) skills are desirable but not mandatory.
- Must be passionate, self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Personal values that match our company values.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.