- Supervises the preparation and the setting up of the dining rooms and serving areas prior to and during each meal during assigned shifts.
- Inspects foods during the meal period for taste, appearance and temperature.
- Supervises the portioning of food to control and eliminate waste.
- Inspects equipment and dining room for cleanliness and condition of repairs, reporting any problems using standard forms and established policy.
- Keeps records of the amount of food used and the number of meals served daily.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.