* Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Head Chef in pastry preparation, production and presentation activities.
- Report to Pastry Chef about kitchen and storage equipment repairs, maintenances and malfunctions.
- Record food spoilage and communicate to chefs.
- Prepare market list according to daily food orders.
- Order and stock food products in coolers and freezers according to food storage standards.
- Ensure stock rotation to minimize wastages.
- Update production schedules, recipe cards, and plating guides.
- Ensure that chefs are groomed and dressed in proper uniforms.
- Adhere to sanitation, cleanliness, health and safety regulations.
- Ensure kitchen equipment and supplies are maintained clean and sanitized.
- Develop new menus and test new recipes.
- Oversee buffets, special menus and catering for party.
- Monitor and control food and labor costs within the allotted budgets.
- Manage pastry station for optimum production and quality.
- Set daily priorities and inform changes in assignment that may arise anytime.
- Interact with guests, get their feedback and record their complaints.
- Create cooperative work environment, supervise and direct training sessions, and conduct performance appraisals.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.