Support the organization in developing cost estimates, preparation and review of relevant cost estimation procedures, utilization of costing, cost management and reporting tools/techniques, to achieve the project objectives from initiation to completion of all projects. Lead the development, monitoring of project plans and schedules to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and that all project objectives are achieved.
Develop and keep up-to-date a costing database for preparation of cost estimates for new projects.
Provide support to the discipline engineers in the preparation of cost estimates for new projects. Suggest refinements to the cost estimates in view of achieving cost optimization and effective utilization of resources .
Review cost estimates and provide support during the course of the project. Refine the cost estimates when applicable, and ensure accuracy and confidence in the cost estimates. Identify cost reduction areas on variations/claims and establish the basis for rejecting/minimizing to support effective negotiations and secure optimum benefits for the organization.
Assist in the preparation of pre-requisites for developing of, and obtaining approvals, for expenditures (AFE), for all capital projects that are managed by Downstream Operations.
Lead the development and monitoring of project schedules in coordination with the respective Project Managers. Review the plan and schedule deliverables of Consultant/Contractors; identify area of concerns and risks relating to planning and scheduling and recommend rectification plans in line with the overall project objectives.
Terms & Conditions
Type : Long Term Contract
Location : Abu Dhabi
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Experienced in project cost estimation and accounting, and project planning/scheduling.
- Minimum 10 years experience in oil and/or gas engineering and construction projects with major international contractors or oil and gas companies.
- Offshore and onshore oil and/or gas projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex project controls issues.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective negotiating, influencing, conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Numeracy and Analytical Skills. Excellent project management and reporting skills.
- IT skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, project management tools such as Microsoft Project. Proficiency with the use of Cost Estimation software and SAP.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Budgets and Money Management Skills Diploma Alpha AcademyAED 60
AED 1,175Duration: Upto 4 Hours
Budgeting for your Daily Life Global EdulinkAED 244
AED 1,616Duration: Upto 12 Hours