Deal Transactions Manager
Develop and implement effective projects and deal delivery. Evaluation, structure and negotiate all projects and deals aimed in local and international business activities including refining, petrochemicals and fertilizers segments (projects can be either Sole Risk or in Joint Ventures).
Engage & work constructively within ADNOC and with Joint Venture partners to achieve alignment with relevant internal & external stakeholders throughout the deal process.
Structure and develop opportunities in a way that has a strong strategic fit with the endorsed Downstream strategy through the entire deal cycle with the aim of successful culmination in the form of formal agreements.
Report to the VP Deal Transactions on the status of individual projects ongoing within the downstream project delivery program.
Integrate all disciplines including Finance, Legal, Commercial and Technical into feasibility study activities, early design, pre-Feed, Feed, EPC tender and selection etc on individual projects.
Ensure application of best in class tools and techniques and for finding the financial and commercial structuring solutions required to enhance the feasibility of projects as well as their return on investment while adhering to ADNOC standards across the projects.
Develop & foster formal and informal networks within the petrochemical industry at a global level with the objective of understanding & identifying opportunities & threats to ADNOC, and proactively using the knowledge to bring value to ADNOC.
Deal Transaction Management
• Execute the transactional side of individual projects including Financial, Legal and Commercial structuring, negotiations and project management within PDO both internationally and nationally.
• Lead project teams together with the other PDO disciplines, contractors and partner staff to deliver optimal Transactional solutions on a wide range of petrochemical investment projects.
• Ensure that deal structures and proposed solutions are achievable and consistent in their approach across the project portfolio and aim to deliver maximum value to ADNOC.
• Ensure that all Project Teams are working in alignment with ADNOC Operations and with external stakeholders. Focus on achieving the best possible project outcome for ADNOC and the highest possible likelihood of project implementation at FID.
• Ensure that project teams identify, understand, manage and mitigate all project and business risks.
• Co-operate with the SBD function in Downstream on individual project opportunities for selection and development of new projects in order to implement the best technical and structuring options.
• Support techno-economic feasibility studies, including pre-FEED and FEED studies of new projects to deliver growth and economic value from Downstream projects.
• Lead all necessary negotiations and escalate issues to the Downstream Steering Committee for discussion and resolution.
• Participate to the regular project meetings, provide an overview on progress, risks, trajectory, etc. and addressing specific questions for the projects.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Division's budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Project policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the division's work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Division in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Regular contact with the VP, Deal Transactions and other team members
• Contacts with other functions in Downstream up to SVP levels
• Regular contacts with other directorates
• Regular Contacts with management and project teams of overseas and national investors, customers, suppliers and joint venture partners in discussions, negotiations and at Board meetings.
• Regular contacts with ADNOC and Abu Dhabi subsidiaries/ventures and partners etc. and with technical contractors, project and business consultants and outsourcing service providers.
• Regular contact with consultants/suppliers on matters related to acquisition of services.
• Occasional contact with Government organisations and entities such as Abu Dhabi Executive Council, Ministry of Energy, Department of Economic Development, Abu Dhabi Investment Authorities and Gulf Cooperation Council, etc.
Group Company: ADNOC HQ
Oct 3, 2021
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.