Vice President, Planning & Perfomance Management
ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates. Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe. Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us. By working together every day, we're bringing energy to life.Company : ADNOC HQ Job Title :Vice President, Planning & Perfomance ManagementJOB PURPOSE: MANAGE THE DEVELOPMENT AND CONSOLIDATION OF ADNOC UPSTREAM GROUP COMPANIES' 5- YEAR BUSINESS PLANS AND LEADS THE CONSOLIDATED APPROVAL EFFORT OF THE UPSTREAM SECTOR'S BUSINESS PLANS. LEAD THE DEVELOPMENT AND APPROVAL PROCESS FOR THE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE CONTRACTS FOR THE UPSTREAM BUSINESS LINE OPERATING COMPANIES AND SERVES AS A PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT REFERENCE TO THE GAS AND PETROCHEMICAL DIRECTORATES. DEVELOP AND ENSURES THAT THE KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI) GUIDELINES ARE ADMINISTERED UNIFORMLY WITHIN EACH COMPANY'S NATURAL DIFFERENTIATING PARAMETERS. SOLVES THE NORMALIZING FORMULA WHICH ENSURES THAT KPIS ARE RELEVANT AND REFLECTIVE OF THE INDUSTRY PRACTICE AS WELL AS BEING ALIGNED WITH THE GOVERNMENT STRATEGIC DIRECTIONKEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Job Specific Accountabilities
- Manage the development and consolidation of the Upstream Group Companies' 5-year business plans, consolidated approval, including individual plans that have an order of magnitude of US$ 3 - 10 billion.
- As part of Business plan development, provide guidance in defining the Upstream Directorate and Group of Companies' overall Business Strategies and Objectives. Participate in the development of guidelines for the preparation of scenarios related to business development plans and ensures the update of such scenarios.
- As part of Business Plan development, conduct and/or coordinate business development, project evaluation, feasibility and development scenario studies, whether done in-house or by external consultants, ensuring that products facilitate comparison and are valid for taking decisions at corporate levels.
- Lead the analysis post business plan approval and asses the actual results versus forecasts on the Company's business development plans and various scenarios and recommends appropriate amendments or updates as applicable for the next business plan cycle.
- Manage the link in business plan development within the Upstream Directorate in conjunction with the Group Companies ensuring that they are appropriate, consistent and compatible with the overall upstream strategic goals and objectives. Follow up on business proposals and plans to maintain the desired degree of uniformity and standardization.
- Drive and lead the preparation and presentation of high-level reviews of the individual Group Companies' Business Development to Upstream Management, including the Management Reporting Systems, identifying relevance and consolidation of information related to work programs and budgets.
- Manage and supervise the development of the annual performance contracts against the 5-year business plan. Manages the Performance Management Department's analysis of the five - year capital milestones and their relevance to the ADNOC Upstream strategic objectives.
- Manage the continuous improvement of reporting within the Upstream Directorate. Leads the effort in performance improvement opportunities by carrying out spot audits and feedback from group companies and the experts in individual topics to allow for the selection of lead / lag Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Lead and drive upstream Gas master Plan to ensure constant supply of gas to Down Stream and strive to meet the requested demands. Provide high-level support to the management on matters relating to the Gas and Power Sector, from supply demand analysis to analytical operational reports of gas consumption.
- Lead, coordinate, support and provides continuous feedback to improve performance management processes in ADNOC's Upstream Directorate and its Group of Companies aimed at driving performance improvement through the identification of strategic issues and breaking them down into near term steps.
- Manage skill-building efforts through functional networks and workshops in the areas of economics, operations, drilling, commercial and planning. Ensures the utilization of commercial and economic value concepts within Upstream Directorate to understand opportunity rankings and to measure performance.
- Participate in projects gate workshops in the value assurance process, FEED, EPC and post commissioning analysis. Solves near- term problems associated with reporting on gas supply/demand balance calculations. Provides solutions to management on matter pertaining to the new field developments KPIs.
- Lead and drive the integrated plans for the whole Upstream directorate in delivering the set objectives and mandates and is responsible to ensure the systems used and mechanisms maintain up to date data at any one time.
- Lead and manage the contracting activities for the whole HQ Upstream Directorate to ensure compliance with ADNOC's corporate procedures and facilitates the link with the commercial directorate in finalising and closing of contracts.
- Develop consistent and realistic long and short-term operational plans for the Department in line with the Function objectives, manage the implementation of approved long and short-term plans, and ensure they are effectively converted into its performance objectives to achieve established service levels.
- Develop and manage the Department annual budget in line with the Function's business objectives and operational plans ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for all Department activities.
- Monitor expenditure against approved Department budget on a regular basis; investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
- Develop and implement appropriate Department policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls, Company guidelines in order to support execution of the Directorate's work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the development of the Directorate's KPI's and ensure proper cascade of the Performance objectives within the Department and establish monitoring mechanisms to ensure delivery of these objectives and promote a performance driven culture.
- Manage the implementation of the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Department in accordance with Company approved guidelines.
- Develop knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Department and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP's), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Department in coordination with relevant Human Capital Functions to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Department that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
- Contribute and support establishment of a Corporate Integrated Risk Management System within the Department, while identifying and assessing relevant domain risks and implement measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks within the Department.
- Communicate corporate business ethics and Company's Code of Conduct to employees within the Department and ensure compliance to the Corporate Policies and guidelines.
- Promote an organisation culture that encourages innovation, enhances employee motivation and supports initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve the Department operations and services.
- Recommend improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with approved standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Department.
- Support the institution and implementation of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Department in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Department employees to meet HSE standards.
- Ensure that all Department MIS and progress reports are prepared to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial/Process-related Engineering or Business Management, Economics or the equivalent.
- 18 years of professional experience in business planning and development, in the oil and gas related industries.
- Good understanding of global energy issues and market forces including relevant evolving. strategies and policies of the government of Abu Dhabi.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.