Design Engineer - Services SupportDo you enjoy enhancing the performance and reliability of essential equipment?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?Be part of a successful team Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading. Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production.Partner with the best This role is responsible for activities relating to enhancing services such as customer data, maintenance, safety, etc.You will be responsible for:
- Developing Service design concepts based on user needs
- Evaluating system and component performance and reporting results
- Defining allocation to subsystems based on refinement of the design concept with SME in subsystems.
- Conducting field visits when required for investigation and troubleshooting. Traveling to major maintenance facilities supporting failure analysis and introduction of new services
- Developing new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Delivering products as part of a team. Working on cross functional teams.
- Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Writing and reviewing procedures (New installation, maintenance & troubleshooting), doing calculations, drawings, tilts studies and RCA's.
- Have a bachelor's degree of mechanical engineering or its equivalent
- Have at least 10+ years of design experience in surface wellhead & gate valves
- Demonstrate proven experience in mechanical engineering for Pressure Control equipment.
- Have experience in Supporting Field operations in terms of engineering
- Demonstrate experience in working in projects with global teams
- Be able to show excellent problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills
- Be a motivated self-starter that promotes teamwork and collaboration in a cross-functional environment
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Baker Hughes serves the worldwide oil and natural gas industry with reservoir consulting and products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production.