The Armament Technician inspects, maintains, stores, controls, secures, and transports Tanks, Racks, Adapters, Pylons (TRAP) for the USAF WRM Prepositioning Program. Oversees and trains Asian & Local National workforce. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Consistently observes and enforces all AFOSH and security standards during all maintenance operations in assigned site and temporary duty locations.
- In the event of an emergency, takes necessary control and timely response actions.
- Performs assigned maintenance in accordance with established technical and quality management directives.
- Maintains all TRAP equipment to maximum, serviceable standards in accordance with USAF technical data, including corrosion control, to meet minimum critical levels at all times.
- Reconditions, repairs, and replaces defective or missing parts of RAP and containers.
- Advises the TRAP Supervisor of any factors limiting maintenance capability.
- Coordinates with Supply about TRAP inventory controls.
- Verifies that storage facilities provide maximum environmental protection for all TRAP.
- Uses technical data and the required documentation in accordance with 00-5-2 and 00-20 Series T.O.s.
- Prepares assets for shipments in accordance with tasking actions.
- Submits timely and accurate serviceability records.
- Stores tools, replacement bench and operational stocks in accordance with standards.
- Inspects, and performs minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment.
- Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Trains and supervises Asian and Local National staff according to authorized safety and maintenance practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must have basic knowledge of the USAF Supply or equivalent and Tech Order systems or US service equivalent.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have graduated a USAF Armament technical school for combat aircraft armament systems/explosives operations or US service equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience with armament systems and explosives operations of diverse combat aircraft.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to trave domestically and internationally.
- Must have normal color perception.
- Must not have any record of emotional instability.
- Preferred supervisory experience with inspection, maintenance, security, transportation, and storage methods of TRAP equipment and associated hardware.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.