Job Title: Mechanized Equipment Superintendent Job Type: Contract / 24 Months Job start date: Immediate Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the development, review and implementation of the Construction Equipment Inspection and Audit program in line with Project, RLIC and QG requirements.
• Responsible for field-based activities including daily, regular, and quarterly inspections and audits to ensure compliance to requirements.
• Liaises with multiple interfaces (Onshore Construction, PMT, EPC Contractor, OpCo and RLC) to support Construction Equipment mobilization, inspection, and demobilization.
• Responsible for direct oversight 3rd party inspections including verification of inspection quality.
• Carry out inspection and audits on workshops at site, including off-site workshops where possible pre-mobilization inspections are carried out.
• Support the mitigation of spills from Construction Equipment, including the movement of soil material in RLIC disposal areas
Key Result Areas:
• Ensure that EPC Contractor/Subcontractor policies and procedures for Construction Equipment Inspection comply with reference framework
• Ensure that mobilization of Contractor for EPC is performed safely and initial phases of Project is executed in line with Company expectations, including pre-inspection of Construction Equipment at Contractor facilities.
• Support the implementation of the Equipment Inspection program including the direct oversight of Contractor & 3rd party inspections with collaboration from Lifting Supt..
• Ensure the IVMS systems are installed, functional and operational in line with manufacturer requirements, in support of the SHES group.
• Provide direct oversight on the implementation of a workshop inspection program, including possible off-site workshops
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
• Works in a Project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance by creating a culture that encourages every one to perform their best every day on every task.
• Works in a highly visible Project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures.
• Works effectively within established policies and procedures, participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
• Works in a dynamic team environment that has high expectations for flawless Project execution in safety, quality, cost, and schedule performance, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
• Demonstrates willingness to tackle a variety of tasks in response to evolving business needs.
Communications and Working Relationships:
• Interfaces among various Project teams, departments, asset owners on issues relating to the position. This interface requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility, and an ability to induce collaboration.
• Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, interpersonal understanding, and self-confidence.
· Must work in collaboration with Lifting Superintendent on Inspections.
· Leads by example and demonstrates the highest level of integrity in dealings with all parties.
· Effective team player who collaborates well with others.
Communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written documents including e-mails.
• Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness, and quality of documentation in resolution.
• Manages complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff.
• Manages the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
• Makes decisions and solves problems related to a specific discipline/field.
• Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates, and supervisors.
• Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• Heavy Equipment Inspector/Electrical) and/ or ten (10+) years' relevant experience.
• Relevant experience in this context refers to inspection and/or maintenance of, cranes, vehicles, trucks, all motorized equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain world-class performance.
• Knowledge of Industry standards, specifications & requirements in particular QG and RLIC.
• Middle East region experience preferred, with recent experience (last 5 years) on Qatargas Projects and working in Ras Laffan Industrial City
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.