LOCATION: DOHA QATARJob Requirements:
- Steward project Pipeline engineering including monitoring Contractor's and related suppliers/sub-contractors performance and provide advice as necessary to make certain Company's design philosophy and specifications are achieved by establishing clear communication with the contractor and monitoring contractor and vendor quality control effort.
- Provide guidance and timely review on contractor's and Contrators suppliers/sub-contractors pipeline design deliverables verifying fitness for purpose and compliance with contract requirements including codes and standards and ensure PMT or other technical support is available to address any gaps.
- Champion initiatives with the Contractor to deliver on the project objectives i.e. safety, quality, cost and schedule and review and make recommendations to the Head of Pipeline Engineering and Project Engineers as necessary.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts in respective disciplines involved in the pipeline lateral buckling design and its mitigation including crossing design finalisation.
- Steward timely progress of the pipeline crossing design including Third party reviews and approvals upto the sign-off of the Crossing Agreements with all third parties well ahead of the site need dates.
- Support respective Offshore Package Managers in delivery of the Crossing related materials/systems and provide engineering support during the field installation of the NFXP Offshore Pipelines & Cables systems, as required.
- Follow-on Field Design Changes, Concession Requests, Non-Conformance Reports and contractor design change or deviations from company directives ensuring compliance with management of change procedures
- Promote inter-departmental communications and encourage teamwork through managing the pipeline engineering interface between all stakeholdes.
- Assist PMT in meeting QGPMS expectations as required by the Facility Design & Construction
- 15 years' experience in design and delivery of Pipelines systems.
- Experience in major capital projects, with knowledge of worldwide contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major pipines and onshore facilities, and operating in a multi-cultural environment is preferable.
- Extensive knowledge and background on pipeline lateral buckling design, crossing design, ECA, Fatigue analysis, On-bottom stability and Span assessment.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical and prioritisation skills.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office and technical applications.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.