- Assist the Retail Operation Manager develops and implement the Merchandising/Inventory team’s strategy in line with the division and department mission.
- Achievement of key sales performance targets through stock availability and merchandising standards.
- Execution of merchandising operational standards to the highest level in all areas.
- Responsible for adherence to all security, legal and company requirements.
- Maintaining a comprehensive library of appropriate data related to inventory control, space management, prepares relevant report for retail operation manager to evaluate and improve process/product efficiency.
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented to minimize stock losses and that consumables stock is sufficient to meet the operational needs of the business.
- Ensure correct stock levels are maximised and in place to meet the customer demands at all times.
- Execution of all company procedures in relation to movement of stock, dated or short stocks, pricing, barcodes.
- Ensure that all staff is aware of Standard Operating Procedures in relation to all areas of stock management including the importance of stock rotation.
- Maximise all promotional campaigns in all categories and locations with all display units conforming to legal and company requirements.
- Implementation of company sales promotions within the retail units and that the correct stock level is maintained to achieve and exceed targets.
- Ensure that the supplier’s objectives are met in terms of (1) Brand Identity, (2) Policies, (3) Financial Performance to deliver QDF financial and image gains
- Ensure overall efficient operation of department – working with warehouse and other stakeholders to ensure supply chain efficiencies, appropriate stock transfer to shop floor and retail execution on shelves.
- Work closely with the buying teams to accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance.
- Understand sales trends and make recommendations for space management allocations to maximize sales opportunities.
- Actively seek feedback from retail floor and use to address operational opportunities with merchandising officers.
- Accompanying buyers on visits to appreciate production processes, gathering information on customers' reactions to products, making relevant recommendation to the senior management based on analyzing every aspect of bestsellers and slow sellers.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent, (preferably in Merchandising, Marketing, Business Administration), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
- 2 -5 years retail setting work experience discipline required.
- Knowledge of Retail Operations, Merchandising Techniques and Analytics.
- Creative thinking skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Interest and ability to gain basic knowledge of all company products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility and versatility
- Organizational skills
- Planning skills
- Project Management skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.