Brand Manager - Volvo Passenger Cars
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
As a member of the Senior Management Team – to contribute to commercial and strategic decision making in order that Sales and Marketing achieve their Financial & Operational KPI’s in a timely manner analogous to the objectives set. To develop & implement unified business strategies to further enhance employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Adopt best practice and key leadership skills across the management teams in accord with the Principals.
- Achieve budgeted sales volumes, gross margin and net profit levels
- In line with the business strategy and directly with the Branch Management ensure that programmes and controls are in place to achieve the calendarised budgets.
- Ensure that incentive schemes are motivational and in line with group policy and budget. Quarterly reviews are essential in order to measure success.
- Develop/ Maintain Strategic Pricing model to enable sales to achieve their volume and GM objectives
- Develop Tactical Marketing campaigns to ensure that the business objectives are achieved
- Maximise efficiency between vehicle order and invoice to reduce the stock holding days to match the strategic/ tactical plan
- Order units to the minimise the stock days based upon the volume figures defined by the Sales Planning Committee
- Minimise financial exposure within the value chain\
Staffing levels, HR and Training activities
- Ensure that correct levels of the right calibre of staff in line with budget are recruited across defined areas of responsibility.
- Provide ongoing training, coaching and development support.
- Manage and motivate staff to ensure morale is high and objectives achieved.
- Ensure at all times product knowledge of sales team is excellent.
- Take relevant action as required to performance manage staff.
- Ensure that the Sales Operation achieve the Net Promoter Score (NPS) result in line with the strategic objective
Budgeting and Planning
- Produce stretching yet realistic budgets for the Vehicle Operations to ensure continuous development and improvement of the business.
- Ensure that the vehicle branch network is maintained properly in line with Al Futtaim & Volvo CI principals.
Manage stock levels
- Maintain in line with budgeted levels to support sales plans.
- Review actions as required to manage stock levels proactively.
- Maintain optimum Display & Demonstrator stocks in order to achieve the budgets and targets set.
- Conform to credit polices stipulated within the DOA.
The Brand Manager is fundamentally accountable for all Volvo-Passenger Cars functions across Qatar, reporting to the Regional Managing Director. Moreover, a member of the Leadership Team that strives to reinvigorate and reinvent their business by way of adopting SMART objectives. To be seen as an inspirational and self-motivated leader and a strong advocate of employee and customer delight with openness and full transparency. A member of cross functional committees that shares best practice and subscribes to value adding initiatives amongst their peers in a dynamic and fast moving market the job holder must be able to adapt to change willingly and be instrumental to developing the business in such an environment
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Graduate in Marketing / Business Management
Minimum Experience: 10 years of Sales & Marketing experience, 5 years as a Senior Manager within in a related field. Job-Specific Skills:
- Financial Accounting – fully conversant with profit & loss.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills,
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision making.
- Able to employ and track KPI’s across the business.
- Possesses good analytical skills.
- The Al Futtaim Way behaviours.
- Team leadership & communication skills.
- Able to attract, motivate and develop a multi-cultural workforce.
- Strategic thinker & visionary.
- Transparent and encourages openness.
- Customer service orientated.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.