Job Title Assistant Director of Housekeeping Department Housekeeping
Location Raffles Doha & Fairmont Doha
External Clients-Travel Agent-Suppliers-Contractors-Authorities
- Assist the Executive Director Housekeeping in all phases of housekeeping activities.
- Report to shift on time in issued uniform in a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times and ensure, supervised that the subordinates are well groomed.
- Arrange departmental weekly rosters including vacation planning and schedule them according to business level and forecast.
- Responsible for controlling expenses and keeping expenses in line with the budget.
- Participate to the budgeting exercise.
- Responsible for ensuring staffing needs and daily assignments in accordance with occupancy.
- Conduct daily briefing to subordinates in the absence of the Executive Director Housekeeping
- Check all the suites on arrival under his/her care daily, to ensure departmental and Forbes 5-Star standard of cleanliness, maintenance and sanitation. This spot check may either be following a routine check out suite cleaning, in house guest suite cleaning or turn down service.
- Randomly check rooms and fill scoring check list daily to be able to give feedback to both supervisors and attendant.
- Maximize suite inspection productivity to enhance high standards of cleanliness and minimize outstanding defects and repairs.
- Establish, implement and monitor the maintenance and repair program of guest suites and rooms. Ensure that repair request is being processed and monitor
- Ensures that VIP arrivals and in-house requirements are dealt with, including final VIP suite inspection and amenity check. Liaise with Front Office for special requests.
- Constantly inspect housekeeping areas and ensure cleanliness, tidiness and safe. Maintain pleasing environment for guests.
- Randomly check floor pantries to ensure the inventories are properly stocked with par level, cleaned and tidied.
- Assist the Executive Director Housekeeper to deal with all contractors or suppliers (when applicable).
- Assisting in special projects, refurbishments and renovations if required.
- Leads by example. Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment & good communication with all related departments and management.
- Leads by example. Promotes a work environment where team members feel valued, involved, appreciated and safe.
- Assist in training of team members pertaining to equipment handling, cleaning techniques and chemical use.
- Observe team member performance and identify training needs.
- Evaluate team member performance, through daily scoring check lists.
- Perform and document regular appraisal and evaluation of performances.
- Responsible to motivating, disciplining and counseling team members when applicable.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guest, maintain positive guest relations and ensure guest satisfaction at all times.
- Schedule & conduct refresh training to ensure emergency procedures, health & safeties as well as hygiene rules are strictly followed to avoid health and safety hazards and injury.
- Document and follow-up on employees’ files.
- Keep open communication with management & subordinates.
- Use creative and participate to the recognition program of subordinates.
- Escalate to higher management any difficult situations or problems.
- Responsible to keep records of special cleaning and maintenance up to date.
- Responsible to keep record of contractors / supplier’s interventions.
- Respect the privacy of guests & colleagues’ information.
- Remain well-mannered and well-groomed as per department and company standard.
- Participate in the hotel recycling program and encourage team members to reduce, re-use and recycle.
- Perform any other duties and task as required by Assistant Director – Rooms and Executive Housekeeper - Rooms.
Education Post graduate in hotel management school
Certification Diploma or equivalent
Required Experience Minimum of 4 years working experience in a similar role
Familiar with the Qatar Labor Market.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Proven training skills.
Good business practice.
People management knowledge.
Abilities &Technically Competent Requirements:
Positive attitude, pro-active approach
Fluent in English writing & verbal communicating
Ability to function well as part of a team.
Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
Computer skills required (Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word).
Knowledge and experience in maintaining material, fabric and flooring.
Able to interact with guest respectfully, naturally and efficiently.
Aware of FLHSS (Fire, Life, Health & safety, Security) standards.
Diligent attention to safety.
Full understanding of Raffles Doha and Fairmont Doha vision and values.
Skills / Abilities / Presence:
- Customer focus:
- Developing Direct Reports:
- Drive for results:
- Decision making:
- Priorities setting:
- Process management:
- Ethic Values:
Is personally committed to and actively works to improve him/her. Understand that different situations call for different skills and approaches; work to deploy strengths and work on compensating for weakness and limits. Pick up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior and seeks feedback.
- Problem Solving
- Work inside and continuously walk and around all public areas of the hotels.
- Possess good manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Require to standby in case of emergency
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.