Industry: Oil & Gas
City/Country: Doha, Qatar
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering.
- Industry experience: minimum 15 years' experience in O&G production operations (upstream offshore operations preferably) with wide experience on Field in Process, Instrumentation, etc.
- Proven experience in positions managing FOPS related subjects
- Ability to work with both onshore and offshore oriented teams on multiple offshore SITES simultaneously.
- Previous experience in the offshore O&G sector are mandatory.
- Knowledge and experience of OPERCOM Methodology and using ICAPS software.
- Knowledge of Construction, Pre-Comm/ Comm and Startup of facilities.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others.
- Must have a proven sense of operational responsibility, courage to intervene and challenge.
- Previous experience in SIMOPS conditions.
- Previous experience in Shut-Down periods and associated activities.
- Previous experience in Brownfield oriented Projects.
- Previous experience with Production, Drilling, Marine & Construction operations.
- Willing to work flexible shifts and extended shifts as required.
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Good analytical skills.
- Risk analysis, safety of persons and facilities.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Computer literate.
- Basic firefighting.
- Electronic PTW training & JSA awareness
- Confined Space Entry & Rescue, Authorized Gas Tester
- lifting and rigging training, manual handling training
- Radiation protection awareness
- Hazard & Energy control Lock-out & Tag-out awareness
- Understanding of ATEX/EX equipment regulations/standards
- H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings
- Acts as advisor / coordinator to handle concerns raised by the Project for future operability.
- Acts as advisor / coordinator to handle concerns raised by the Project for future Maintenance & Inspection programs.
- Coordinates and chairs regular sessions with FOPS onshore & offshore teams to ensure that all aspects related to the transfer of facilities from Project are understood at an early stage (from Detail Engineering).
- Follows up the Detailed Engineering development (through regular meetings with Engineering Team, MANASA reviews) to ensure compliance with operational requirements (operability aspects such as accessibility, maintainability and also coherence with the defined operating philosophy, with the Field ESD logic..), including identification of possible SCNs or CPNs for which might be originated from FOPS.
- Ensure the review and validation of Engineering, Construction, T&I, Commissioning, etc., issued deliverables by FOPS Team.
- Follows main Engineering workshops and reviews such as HAZOP, SIL, 3D reviews, Constructability reviews.
- Ensure the interfaces and collaboration with MIEC Team,
- Reviews and comments as adequate the Procurement Engineering packs (at early stage of Project) to ensure Vendor scope is adequate to Field Operations requirements (Operating / 2Y spare parts, FATs, operators training aspects, assistance to start-up...)
- Helps ensuring adequate EPCIC inputs into RAM/PAS study, development of operating manuals, FCW as required.
- Follows-up status of main operations registers (LO/LC, HP/LP, ATEX...)
- Coordinates with the Project Engineering Team to provide relevant Field Operations input as required (including inputs to Technical Queries, Derogation requests)
- Ensures link between Project Team at Doha and Fabrication yard teams for SIMOPS preparation and for MIEC (in the early phase for key data (SPLEs/SPIRs), Baseline Inspections, etc.).
- Reviews the Operational Test Procedures prepared by the CONTRACTOR Commissioning Leader and liaise with the field operation team.
- Ensure that training of Operators by CONTRACTOR's VENDOR is as per FOPS requirement and is done on time.
- Ensures all start-up procedures are identified and initiate preparation as required by sharing with the Field Operation core crew.
- Ensures adequate follow-up of electrical certification/installation by Third Party (Yard and Offshore as applicable)
- Participates to the preparation of the Risk Assessment of the activities to be performed during the Offshore Phase (including start-up phase).
- Participate to the preparation of Shut-Down (SD) periods in close collaboration with FOPS Team.
- Ensures with Safety Team EPCIC CONTRACTOR and Project teams are properly trained on Offshore Safety aspects (PTW, SIMOPS...)
- Ensures compliance of CONTRACTOR for Safety plans to put in place necessary means Offshore (local signage and barriers for the boundaries of the SIMOPS area, exit walkways and scaffolds, double language signs, etc.).
- Ensure with the CONTRACTOR Commissioning Lead that the commissioning activities are prepared according to start-up priorities.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.