Price and Product Analyst
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The role is responsible to work closely and assist the Price and Product Manager for the overall price and product strategy including analyses, statistics and market comparisons. The role consists of ensuring the team develops short and medium-term product plans in line with market demand and overall Domasco strategy as well as contributing to the development of long-term market and brand forecasts.
Product Lifecycle Management:
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities including but not limited to price, trim levels, and all related product options
- Rationalizing and maintaining a product line which drives viability, profitability linked to customer demand in the region.
- Monitoring the industry trends and identifying potential threats and opportunities.
Product definition and positioning:
- Work with the respective brand principals with regards the definition of the range and diversity of products available in Qatar given the constraints and opportunities of the local market and the parameters determined by the Group.
- Investigate the opportunity for factory sourced and or locally developed special editions/ customized vehicles for both B2C and B2B business and where applicable ensure these are authorized by the principals and validated by the aftersales team
- Run out programs for old and aged models
- Work with the Parts Department to develop an accessory offer across our brands and improve parts penetration.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to the network and non-customers.
- Provide a proactive and regular flow of relevant information pertaining to the motor industry with senior management and cross functional teams on product, its performance and major issues or changes in the market or competition.
- Collaboration and close relationship with OEM/ regional offices
- Working in close co-ordination with the brand marketing managers and advertising agencies in development of material for New and existing Models – specifically with information highlighting new features and attributes.
- Work collaboratively and conduct in-depth pricing and product analyses, determine the pricing strategy, assist in setting list price and price policies for the respective markets.
- Produce monthly reports on product and price mix for internal and principal reporting while providing accurate reporting market conditions, positions and trends of Qatar market and GCC.
- Monitor the competitor prices and the brand strategy in Qatar Contribute to the budget building phase to support the Financial Controller
Drive Principal Standards:
- Keep up to date with competitive brands and their product launches by monitoring motoring, general press, websites and relying on principal input.
- Recommend, set up, conduct and analyze the needed market studies.
- Identify opportunities of innovation through analysis of global trends and initiatives in the brands and creating or adapting solutions for Qatar market, with Hybrid as a key driver.
- Ensuring successful launch of new products by initiating and conducting product launch meetings. Anticipating market evolutions and customer behaviours and expectations as well as analysing industry products and pricing compared to Domasco brands and products.
- Communication on new model introductions, facelifts and necessary product changes within the corporate office and facility wide
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Education: BA degree in Marketing or relevant education / relevant extensive experience
- This position requires business maturity and excellent judgment. Successful candidates generally have a minimum of 4 years’ of relevant working experience in automotive pricing and product at OEM level or dealer level.
- Experience in utilizing pricing tools. Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and ensure high quality deliverables with attention to detail. Proven ability to develop, execute and manage entire product lifecycles. Be able to guide colleagues inside and outside the marketing discipline. Affinity with cars in general and the automotive industry in particular.
- Ideally has GCC experience
- Ideally has experience working with mass market automotive brands.
- Ideally has both English and Arabic fluency.
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and ensure high quality deliverables with attention to detail
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills able to convey new knowledge and new concepts
- Be able to guide colleagues inside and outside the marketing discipline
- Persistent and focused on long term results
- Project management skills
- Affinity with cars in general and the automotive industry in particular
- Proven ability to develop, execute and manage entire product lifecycles
- Planning, organizing and ability to balance multiple demands and simultaneously manage several projects
- Experience utilizing pricing tools
- Strong presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Competent to analyse market information
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
- Confidence in own decision making
- Target oriented and drive to exceed demanding challenges
- Analytic and pro-active
- Clear understanding of the challenges faced at retail level
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.