Industry: Oil & Gas
City/Country: Doha, Qatar
City/Country: Doha, Qatar
JOB DESCRIPTION Key Job Accountabilities Key Result Areas:
- Provides leadership, coaching and guidance to the FEED and EPC contractors.
- Demonstrates visible safety program leadership.
- Plans and schedules work (short term and long term) and ensure execution of work per plan.
- Maintains design integrity and quality requirements through the management of change and specification deviation processes.
- Maintains full project chronology of civil and structural engineering design revisions (including cause / effect data), for use in contract administration.
- Ensures issuance of high quality deliverables on schedule.
- Successfully executes information management requirements throughout project life.
- Applies and captures lessons learned related to project engineering activities.
- Engages resources outside the PMT on a timely basis to resolve engineering issues.
- Project core values that strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance.
- Shows dynamism with high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance. Demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- High visibility, large capital expenditure project with significant execution schedule pressure.
- Well established policies and procedures, with high expectations for business controls compliance and awareness to meet changing needs.
- Sensitivity to diverse, multicultural environments in engineering, fabrication, field construction and operations.
- Continuous improvement approach to build on best practices and lessons learned.
- Significantly complex internal and external interfaces to coordinate.
- Effective team player that collaborates well with the onshore PMT, the broader project team, venture, contractors and external parties.
- Leads by example and demonstrates high integrity in all dealings. Builds credibility with peers and effectively uses their time.
- Prepares high quality written documents and makes effective oral presentations.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and effective communicating with individuals for whom English is not their native language.
- Mentors young Qatari engineers in the project team.
- Identifies potential problems early and develops action/mitigation plans that consider available options and balance of stakeholder issues.
- Brings experience to bear in solving complex problems in less familiar situations.
- Understands inter-discipline relationships and works toward general interest results.
- Creates high quality, accurate work products in a timely fashion with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Develops safe, fit-for-purpose technical solutions that meet the intent of project requirements.
- Works independently within established procedures, plans and budgets and contributes to the development of these.
- Has autonomy over scheduling and planning of own work; organizes efforts of work group to achieve overall efficiency.
- Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Integrates information well and exercises good judgement to make timely decisions.
- Takes responsibility for own work products and can perform at high levels with intermittent and / or minimal daily supervision.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional registration with accredited Regulatory Body desirable (PE, C.Eng., EUR ING, or equivalent)
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in projects, in civil/structural discipline including FEED, detailed design and construction phases
- Experience in Onshore Oil & Gas Facilities, especially LNG plants
- Previous Experience with Civil works in Qatar
- Knowledge in geotechnical, foundations design, drainage, precast concrete, steel structures
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in multicultural environments.
- Fluent with common software applications including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, etc
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
MPH Global Services
Improve your chance to get this job. Do an online course on Sales and Negotiation starting now.
Sales and Marketing Management Diploma 1TRAININGAED 136
AED 882Duration: Upto 10 Hours
Get a Job in Sales Guide Course CentralAED 50
AED 514Duration: Upto 1 Hour