Assistant Leave and Benefits Coordinator (Full Remote Role!)
- We offer a competitive compensation with excellent benefits package and a GREAT culture
- Best Place to Work in New York State - Our 11th Consecutive Year on the List!
- Recognized as one of the fastest growing consulting firms in the U.S.
This entry-level position is perfect for someone who has HR experience, or who has a degree in Human Resources, or who has at least two years of call center experience and has an interest in Leave and Benefits Administration!
The Assistant Leave and Benefits Coordinator will support the Benefits and Leave Administration Services department with incoming client employee calls regarding Leave, including Disability, PFL, FMLA, FFCRA, company-specific benefits, and other state-specific leave and benefits programs. Duties involve answering general employee questions and working remotely with other team members to understand specific client process and policies to answer employee questions in an informed, courteous, and professional manner. Duties also include providing administrative support to team members as needed. Essential Functions:
- Must be able to work hours outside of the Eastern time zone to support clients in Central, Mountain, and Pacific time zones.
- Responds to employee calls and email inquiries promptly, courteously, and professionally.
- Provides basic guidance to employees on required paperwork completion and claim status.
- Directs secondary level questions to assigned client manager.
- Documents all communication and case notes into leave and benefits administration system.
- Initiates new cases on behalf of employee/client into leave and benefits administration system and prepares required paperwork for employee.
- Provides administrative support to other team members as needed.
- Works remotely with team members on resolution of client issues and process changes/process improvement.
- Minimum two years HR related experience or two years of call-center experience with an interest in Benefits and Leave Administration is required.
- Experience working remotely and/or independently is strongly preferred.
- Leave administration and HRIS experience is a plus!
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced atmosphere handling multiple concurrent activities.
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with MS Word and MS Excel and other software applications.
- Manage and ensure appropriate follow-up and closure for all customer contacts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with active listening and professional telephone and e-mail etiquette.
- Must work well within a remote team environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Associates Degree with or at least 1-2 years of commensurate related experience is required.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.