· Overall responsible for overseeing Civil/Structural engineering discipline and EPC Contractor in delivery of a large Sulfur granulation, bulk storage, and ship loadout facility. Specific responsibilities include all aspects of civil/structural design to ensure technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule. Ensures technical requirements such as project specifications, data sheets, procedures, etc. developed during EPC fully comply with project requirements.
· Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of technical issues to complete civil/structural engineering activities to meet project objectives and milestones.
· Provide engineering surveillance on EPC civil/structural deliverables.
· Monitor discipline schedule and progress.
· Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree for mechanical/industrial processes
· Professional registration with accredited Regulatory Body desirable (PE, C.Eng., EUR ING, or equivalent)
Knowledge and/or Experience
· Minimum of 15 years' experience in EPC projects, in civil/structural discipline including detailed design and construction phases
· Experience in the design and installation of bulk handling facilities associated with large Oil & Gas Facilities, Lump Sum EPC
· Experience and knowledge of the design and layout of facilities associated with the bulk solids handling facilities including foundation and structural designs associated with conveyors, granulators, ship loaders, and large bulk storage building with stacker and reclaimers. Knowledge in geotechnical, foundations design, drainage, precast concrete, steel structures
· Experience with foundations on reclaimed land, including deep pile foundation designs.
· Experience in the design of the marine and loading facilities for loading and shipping of bulk solid materials
· Knowledge and experience of the constructability of bulk handling facilities, including the review of temporary works and construction methods
· Knowledge of the design and layout of buildings associated with bulk handling facilities, such as substations and control rooms
· Previous experience of working in Qatar and Ras Laffan Industrial City will be considered a significant advantage
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.