Join our remote team of graders (Texas-based applicants preferred) by applying at https://dexterlearning.applytojob.com/apply! Applicants must apply via our company website to be considered.The Online Grader role is a remote, home-based position with flexible hours. Our Online Graders are contracted on an hourly basis and report directly to the Dexter HQ in Wichita Falls, TX.Dexter Graders provide detailed feedback on student assignments, tasks, and assessments.The nature of the student work is highly technical and requires a baseline understanding of mathematics, science, and English language arts. The position requires excellent written communication skills and the ability to provide clear feedback to students.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regularly check work queue to keep up with grading tasks
- Maintain a consistent quality of work and attention to detail
- Accurately assess and grade student submissions
- Follow Dexter’s rubric and training protocol to ensure consistent application of grading criteria
- Provide age appropriate feedback for students
- Texas-based applicants preferred
- Be able to dedicate at least 15 hours/week to grading assignments
- Have experience teaching (preferred), tutoring or otherwise evaluating student progress
- Possess excellent written communication skills and the ability to provide clear feedback to students.
- Variable 15 - 29 hours per week
- Starting at $12.50/hr (or higher if dictated by state or local wage laws)
- Applicants who are based in Texas are preferred. Are you currently based in Texas?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- tutoring or teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.