Executive Lounge Team Leader
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests' personal checks and traveller’s checks. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
Assists with food & beverage service and set-up in the Executive Lounge.
Facilitates on the job training for new Executive Lounge associates
Assist with long stay payment and shift closure for agents.
SPECIFIC DUTIES: The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Ensure all relevant SOP’s are adhered to, to ensure consistent levels of services are maintained at all times.
- To be a champion of GuestVoice key drivers: “Staff anticipated guest needs” and “problem was resolved on first contact”.
- To be a part of the campaign to collect as many GuestVoice as possible, without going against the GuestVoice SOP.
- Due to the nature of our business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
- To have knowledge of hotel rates, packages, discounts and vouchers.
- To have knowledge of room types and locations within the hotel.
- To have excellent knowledge on food and beverage offerings and pairings
- To ensure that all Guests receive personal service to the highest degree of courtesy and to be informed of the hotel’s facilities.
- Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, addresses, telephone numbers etc. unless authorized by a manager.
- To ensure that a good relationship is kept between all other departments.
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
- Ensure the cleanliness and neatness of Executive Lounge area.
- Prepare VIP arrival reports and share those with the hotel staff.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and wear proper uniform at all times (incl. name badge).
- Hand over any relevant information with necessary departments and associates.
- To have full knowledge of Empower Guest Experience and to use information daily for follow up.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly departmental meetings and contribute with the acquired knowledge.
- Play and active role in the implementation of new procedures and services.
- To take over the tasks of the Executive Lounge Supervisor in absentia (including but not limited to GuestVoice Weekly Reports, attendance of the Daily Briefings, Empower Guest Experience weekly reports, Guest Correspondence)
- To ensure that all Guest concerns, complaints and compliments are actioned and addressed in an appropriate manner.
- To assist Guests with general enquires and any other reasonable service requested by guests.
- To assist in check-in and check-out if the Front Desk and the Executive Lounge Reception is overloaded/understaffed.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed according to the JW Marriott Welcome Experience.
- Review the trends of arrivals and departure and schedule himself and the Executive Lounge Receptionists accordingly.
- Be familiar with all local attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.
- To coordinate group check-ins with Front Office, Guest Services and Guest Relations Managers.
- Ensure logs are maintained and put in proper use:
- Daily activities log
- Handover log
- Courtesy calls log
- Be aware of VIP arrivals
- Liaise with Front Office Training leader to deliver on the job training for new Executive Lounge Agents
- Assists Executive Lounge Supervisor with conducting Hospitality Audits
- Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.