Aldar Education is currently seeking a dedicated professional to be our new Group Financial Controller working across our growing number of schools in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
This post will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Group Financial Controller is responsible for managing the group’s financial and accounting operations. The individual will work closely across the business and school principals to ensure financial operations at school-level are completely aligned with the objectives set out by the central finance team.
To embody the values, vision and ethos of Aldar Education and assist the Chief Financial Officer in implementing process and policy which will ensure high quality, strong governance, and driven performance-based culture within the finance team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar Education family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group. We currently own or operate 20 schools covering the British, US and IB curricula across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Education and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Managing financial reporting and financial operations across Aldar Academies and two operator businesses; ADNOC and charter schools
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective operations and business continuity
- Manage the onboarding process for all incoming staff, including pre-employment communication to ensure new starters are aware of the requirements for their role and for working and living in the UAE
- Coordinate and manage employee exit processes, liaising with the Operations teams
Management and coordination
- Lead three sub finance teams focused on each AE business line: AA, ADNOC and CS
- Work closely with other departments and school principals to ensure fully aligned through strong business partnering
- Managing three direct reports and total team of 40
- Support on implementation of ERP systems
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting Fixed assets, and Revenue Recognition
- Work closely with the FP&A Manager to support the preparation of the annual budgets and financial forecasts and report monthly and annual variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Lead the consolidation process for AE and Aldar Properties
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Lead relationship with both internal auditor and external auditor
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Management of the statutory year end audit process including liaison with external auditors
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with relevant authority reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop, document and continually improve business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance including VAT returns
- Bachelors (BA) in accounting/ finance related subject; and
- Related professional accounting qualification ie ACA, CA, CPA
- Minimum 10 years in Finance, 5 years+ in managerial positions
- Education industry experience desirable
- Growth and expansion experience desirable
Knowledge & Skills:
- Fluent English communication skills, written and oral.
- Attention to detail with diligent follow up, and able to execute in a timely manner.
- Skilled in multi-tasking and handling pressure.
- Thorough technical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong managerial skills
- Organizational ability, of self and others.
- Forethought and forward planning
- Capable of influencing people and talented in networking with cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful on our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
Primary Location: UAE-Abu Dhabi
Organization: Aldar Academies
Employee Status: Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 19, 2021, 11:14:15 AM
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Improve your chance to get this job. Do an online course on Finance starting now.
Certificate in Finance & Budgeting Alpha AcademyAED 52
AED 1,028Duration: Upto 9 Hours
Bond Specialist Diploma City of London College of EconomicsAED 731Duration: Upto 3 Months
Certified Finance Manager (CFM) Inspire Training CenterAED 4,198
AED 4,882Duration: 9 Weeks Live virtual classroom