To embody the values, vision and ethos of Aldar Education and assist the Chief Financial Officer in implementing process and policy which will ensure high quality, strong governance, and driven performance-based culture within the finance team.
- Managing financial reporting and financial operations across Aldar Academies and two operator businesses; ADNOC and charter schools
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective operations and business continuity
- Manage the onboarding process for all incoming staff, including pre-employment communication to ensure new starters are aware of the requirements for their role and for working and living in the UAE
- Coordinate and manage employee exit processes, liaising with the Operations teams
- Lead three sub finance teams focused on each AE business line: AA, ADNOC and CS
- Work closely with other departments and school principals to ensure fully aligned through strong business partnering
- Managing three direct reports and total team of 40
- Support on implementation of ERP systems
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting Fixed assets, and Revenue Recognition
- Work closely with the FP&A Manager to support the preparation of the annual budgets and financial forecasts and report monthly and annual variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Lead the consolidation process for AE and Aldar Properties
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Lead relationship with both internal auditor and external auditor
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Management of the statutory year end audit process including liaison with external auditors
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with relevant authority reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop, document and continually improve business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance including VAT returns
- Bachelors (BA) in accounting/ finance related subject; and
- Related professional accounting qualification ie ACA, CA, CPA
- Minimum 10 years in finance, 5 years+ in managerial positions
- Education industry experience desirable
- Growth and expansion experience desirable
- Fluent English communication skills, written and oral.
- Attention to detail with diligent follow up, and able to execute in a timely manner.
- Skilled in multi-tasking and handling pressure.
- Thorough technical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong managerial skills
- Organizational ability, of self and others.
- Forethought and forward planning
- Capable of influencing people and talented in networking with cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
AED 360Duration: 1 To 2 Months
Understanding the Financial Reporting Inspire London CollegeAED 52
AED 598Duration: 40 Hours
Certified Finance Manager (CFM) Inspire Training CenterAED 4,198
AED 4,882Duration: 9 Weeks Live virtual classroom