Industry: Power GenerationCity/Country: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)Title: Vice President Technical OperationsDivision: Transmission & DistributionFunction: Technical & Operational ExcellenceBasic Purpose of the role: To plan and manage the provision of technical expertise and specialist services to NewCo's assets to ensure plants are enabled to generate the targeted output within the defined quality, safety, performance, and cost parameters whilst achieving asset integrity and operational excellenceKey Responsibilities of the Role:Generic AccountabilitiesStrategy Contribution
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the Technical department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
- Lead the talent development initiatives for the assigned department, collaborating with technical/discipline experts and thereby ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Act as a role model and drive adherence to organizational values and ethics by employees of the assigned department to foster a value driven culture within the organization.
- Lead the effective collaboration with all business partners (Human Capital, Finance, Supply Chain, IT and Legal) to co-deliver defined key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with the overall business plan.
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of the Technical department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Ensure that all unit reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet NewCo requirements, policies, and quality standards.
- Lead and oversee the evaluation of contract requirements, drafting, obtaining approval, tendering, evaluating, and reviewing bids, negotiating, and awarding large complex agreements.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to assure compliance with all project agreements including, but not limited to, power / water/ steam purchase, administrative, lender or credit, operation and maintenance, fuel management and partnership agreements.
- Meet internal and external commitments to ensure opportunities are identified and developed for the continuous improvement of the facilities and its capabilities by providing technical support.
- Guide the provision of technical support to the operations of the Assets and associated facilities by collecting and reviewing production and efficiency data from weekly and monthly reports and advising on changes to operating conditions/parameters to meet production plans and targets at optimum operating costs.
- Oversee the technical support programs to ensure that goals are met within budget and schedule and ensure alignment with NewCo's long and short-term objectives.
- Provide a lead role in the development of strategy for, negotiations to develop and/ or modify key project agreements (power/ steam/ water agreements, partnership agreements, fuel agreements) to achieve strategic objectives of NewCo.
- Drive the preparation and maintaining of data to support bid activities and to ensure optimum asset performance.
- Provide expertise in defining the bidding strategy for projects under development, which will incorporate various types of technology associated with electricity, steam, and water production.
- Provide management with accurate update reports regarding plant process and system issues, improvements, root cause analysis, recommended solutions, preventative maintenance operational changes.
- Oversee the preparation of the analysis required to keep management informed of the performance of the plants and the technical support department.
- Contribute to the development of department budget and monitor performance of the activities of the section against to approved budget to control cost and ensure expenditure is maintained in line to the company business plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or any other related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in operations and equipment integrity.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
AED 661Duration: Upto 4 Hours
Strategic Planning and Development Lead AcademyAED 61
AED 1,837Duration: Upto 2 Hours
Certified Executive And Life Coach Middle Earth HR Pvt LtdAED 1,653
AED 2,066Duration: 6 Weeks Live virtual classroom
Foundation Diploma - BTEC Level 3 Cromwell UK International Education LLCAED 15,000Duration: 1 Year Live virtual classroom