An International Exploration and Production Company in the UAE are seeking a Lead Development Geologist to join their team. This position will report to the Subsurface Manager and is offered on a permanent basis in the UAE.
The ideal candidate will have experience with carbonate reservoirs.
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
· Petroleum Geologist with 15-25 years of experience in an operating company or similar.
· MSc or PhD in Geoscience
· Held similar positions leading high-performance technical teams.
· Extensive experience with carbonate reservoirs and understands the general depositional environments of a carbonate platform.
· Extensive experience with the general rock types associated with various depositional settings within a carbonate platform.
· Extensive experience with the elements of geo-modeling workflows including facies and property modeling.
· Understands the tectonic overprint leading to development of fracture networks, particularly the controls on fracture density.
· Understands the characterisation of fractures and direct and indirect detection of fractures in a wellbore.
· Deep understanding of sequence stratigraphic concepts and able to guide co-workers to obtain consistency in sequence stratigraphic interpretations.
· Supervisory experience in all elements of geo-modeling workflows including facies and property modeling.
· Excellent communication skills.
· A track record of defining, organising, and delivering projects on time.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate colleagues.
Other Areas of Expertise:
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas , Petrochemical And chemical Plant