Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager to oversee the overall contract management and provide the necessary support to the client in the management of the contractual issues. Wood PMC team will execute the work from client office in Dubai. The project period is approximately for 3-4 years, including both EPC design review phase and construction phase.
- Collaborate with the client in any matter requiring assistance with contracts
- Be well informed of the development of the Project and the status of Contract Changes for the Project under execution. S/He will attend periodic project reviews to be informed of the project status at all times
- Analyze Site claims and / or Contract Changes open against the Client by the EPC contractor and coordinate with the Client the appropriate response
- Provide support to the Project Director in the necessary presentation, updating and negotiations until the resolution of the site claim and / or Contract Change
- Provide the necessary support to Project Director to conveniently document the actions or activities that contractually require it
- Actively participate, in coordination with relevant Project specialists, in any changes required in the contracts
- Provide support in the contractual close out of each Project subcontractor in areas such as, e.g., refund / extension of guarantees, payment / collection of outstanding invoices, issuance of Acceptance Certificates, Mechanical Completion, etc.
- Provide support to the Procurement Team in negotiations with suppliers or subcontractors
- Organize the assessment and technical coordination of Contract Changes
- Ensure the coordination of specialists in the review of Site Claims and / or Contract Changes
- Monitor and keep records of the Client's Project correspondence and refer it to the appropriate department to respond and take necessary actions
- At site, receive the Claims of the Site Subcontractor to the Client and potential Contract Changes, and verify compliance with the contracts, the estimate of the Contract Change, and monitor the time of response time to the claim
- University degree in a technical discipline (industrial engineering or relevant)
- Minimum of 20 years proven capability in contract management
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of relevant working experience in equivalent functions for Oil & Gas / Refining / Petrochemical mega projects, preferably in reputed PMC / EPCM organizations
- Experience in PMC (Project Management Consultancy) projects
- Must have handled contract administration work for major projects of value not less than US$500 million
- Proven knowledge and expertise in contractual management, particularly on contract changes and Site Claims, etc.
- Specific training / education on contracts is required
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written at a negotiation level.
- Very command of MS Office
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in an articulate manner with clients, consultants and subcontractors
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude and a desire to win
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Construction Management : Construction Contract Terms Training ExpressAED 51
AED 999Duration: Upto 2 Hours
Certificate in Contracts Law Level 2 Study 365AED 101
AED 661Duration: Upto 14 Hours