Overview / Responsibilities Wood is currently looking to recruit PMC Senior HSE Design Engineer to join the client team on ADNOC Gas Processing - Sales Gas Network FEED project. Successful candidate would responsible for below duties and responsibilities;
- Supervises, coordinates and directs the Technical Safety discipline work in the preparation of technical reports, technical specifications, drawings and purchase requisitions
- Performs safety engineering calculations, using MS Office or specialized software, e.g., risk and consequence calculations, calculations related to flaring and venting, hazardous area classification, firewater demand estimates
- Reviews man-hour budget, schedule and project scope for the discipline portion of the work
- Prepares Project Change Notices for submittal to the Project Engineering Manager for changes in the scope of work, delays or other reasons and assist in cost estimate of the change
- Participates in design reviews (e.g., HAZID and HAZOP).
- Prepare client reports / documentation on the project work conducted. This includes philosophies, analysis work, safety engineering calculations, design reviews Performance Standards and specifications. Prepares Formal Safety Assessment studies, prepares Safety Cases (if required)
- Coordinates with other Discipline Leads and Project Engineering Manager or Project Engineers to ensure a functional project
- Reviews drawings and documents of other Project disciplines at appropriate times to ensure that the drawings are in compliance with the requirements of the project. Conversely, ensures that discipline documents and drawings are submitted for review to other disciplines in time for them to react and feed-back comments before scheduled release dates
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university with minimum 15 years relevant experience in the oil / gas industry
- Must have been in CONSULTANT's organisation for at least 3 years in similar position and must have previous PMC experience.
- Fully familiar with international standards & guidelines as well as local specific requirements to be applied for major oil / gas processing facilities during design, engineering and construction
- Must have been involved in safety, HAZOP reviews during front end engineering design phase and detailed engineering, procurement & construction phase of similar projects
- Extensive FEED experience is a MUST
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.