Department INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Title SYSTEMS ENGINEER (BUSINESS PRODUCTS)
Primary Purpose of Job
This challenging position calls for an experienced Systems Engineer to Plan, execute, implement and manage small and medium-size IT projects via the identification, tendering, evaluation installation and commissioning of applications/solutions for end-user departments. The incumbent will also monitor, control and report projects progress and prepare projects budgets.
1. Leads and manages simultaneously multiple small and medium size IT projects to acquire or improve IT systems with a delineated scope of work to be executed within a finite time frame in a low to medium complexity context.
2. Handles and responsible for all aspects of project's and Contract activities including tender and contract's execution from tender preparation, issuance, bidding and evaluation to establishment of contract award for the purchase, implementation, maintenance, upgrade, support and associated services of software, going through mobilization of contractor's team until the completion and hand-over of the procured system through coordination with vendors, users and other ICT Divisions, toward its completion within budget, within approved timelines and according to established/defined quality criterions and standards.
3. Reviews, analyzes and evaluates user requirements, and prepares feasibility/business case reports and technical requirements documents for ICT and end-user Management approvals and authorization to make sure that IT projects are delivered according to QP business needs and approved budget.
4. Compile detailed Scope of Work in accordance with established Contracts and ICT department's policies and procedures, develop a detailed project plan and execution and track progress/plans, changes, risks, budget, assurance and change management arrangements to insure that all project requirements are adequately documented.
5. Designs tender technical evaluation criteria, uses a project team to evaluate bids and recommends solutions to ensure maximum productivity benefits and cost savings to QP.
6. Responsible and manages the installation, user training, commissioning IT purchased systems, and post-implementation reviews by monitoring the usage of the delivered systems through coordination with vendors, users and other ICT Divisions to ensure proper implementation and that they are being used effectively.
7. Establish and maintain relationship with the client, all stakeholders on managing the assigned projects; report and escalate to management as needed, communications with present and future stakeholders, coordinate internal resources and 3rd parties/vendors for the flawless execution of the projects.
8. Undertakes other duties as directed by Senior Systems Engineer or Section Head such as assisting in preparing business processes/procedures (OMS), participating in preparing Section annual budget and projects plan in line with QP financial policies and procedures, etc. in order to achieve a standard approach to work practices and technologies.
9. Helps in the development of Qatari personnel career plans and ensure knowledge transfer to Qatari staff to achieve Qatarisation Plan Objective.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering/Business field.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 6 years of progressive and directly related experience
• Knowledge and experience of software procurement procedures, SDLC (System Development Lifecycle), Information Security requirements
• Trained and preferably certified as PMP or equivalent • Good experience in documenting projects deliverables
• Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
• Ability to apply policies and procedures
• Problem solver with strong analytic skills.
• Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Operates with minimal supervision against established project plans
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and other office productivity applications such as Microsoft Project and Visio.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Abrasive Wheels Diploma Skill ExpressAED 51
AED 999Duration: Upto 3 Hours
AED 360Duration: 1 To 2 Months