Manager - Learning & Development Academy
About QNB QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Manager - Learning & Development Academy, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha. QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Job Purpose Summary:: The incumbent will be primarily responsible for ensuring the L&D Academy design, develop & deploy a 'best in class' L&D offering to Group employees to enable them develop/ enhance their skills, improve performance and achieve Group/Divisional strategic objectives. This will be achieved through an L&D offering which includes performance consultancy, a comprehensive and well-developed L&D curriculum; 'best in class' approach to learning delivery and material creation; that meets the highest professional standards in terms of content, presentation, assessments and enabling technologies such as e-learning/ virtual learning/ distance learning etc. Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions::
- Shareholder & Financial:
- Support senior leadership in implementing their people development strategies for the Group through the deployment of "best practice" performance consultancy, learning methodologies, technologies and tools
- Ensures L&D Academy team achieves relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relating to L&D
- Acts within the limits of the powers delegated to the incumbent and delegates authority appropriately
- Maintains effective budget and quality management of L&D portfolio
- Customer (Internal & External):
- Manage L&D Academy team, provides support to manager of L&D Operations team
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders e.g. Talent management team, wider GHCD, business divisions, external L&D vendors, Universities, QFBA etc.
- Provides timely information to Senior Manager L&D, AGM Talent, Learning and Development, GM GHC and other business managers, external training providers and consultants, as required.
- Enables QNB employees to develop/ enhance their skills and improve their performance
- Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Responsible for managing resource and overseeing processes to ensure the L&D Academy team delivers the following:
- Proactive strategic planning -conduct annual performance needs analysis and identify and agree future needs that align to / support Group and divisional strategic objectives
- Build & regularly review strategic learning plans that deliver against those needs
- Engage with key external suppliers to bring strategic learning plans to life and challenge them to articulate how they can help deliver innovative and engaging solutions
- Tactical performance consulting - ensure individual learning activities within the plan articulate the key objectives, desired performance improvement, evaluation methods and the tangible value of the activity to the business
- Solution Scoping - ensure solutions for individual learning activities are created. These might be formal or informal solutions (or a blend) including any or all of the below:
- Outsourcing the activity to external suppliers
- Internally created and delivered solutions using internal subject matter expertise
- Self-learning tools or materials
- Centrally supported design and/or delivery (depending on capacity)
- Where appropriate, engage subject matter experts, external vendors and utilise any other research channels to offer innovative and engaging solutions to the business and to think about effective 'learning transfer
- Learning Delivery /Delivery Management - Ensure that appropriate delivery resources (where required) have been arranged and prepared, whether self, internal SMEs or external providers are delivering training
- Ensure that all external delivery resources (where applicable) are briefed and prepared
- Evaluation methodology- Drives & reports on L&D solution analysis by using appropriate evaluation approaches. Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of internal and external training and development programs to ensure optimum return on investment and continue to meet, if not exceed, the Group's requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate evaluation is completed by all participants and collate results, engage senior business stakeholders and identify successes / failures / follow up activity
- Share evaluation results with external suppliers (where applicable) to identify potential improvements for future events and hold them to account
- Quality Assurance - Drives best in class curriculum design and development, assessment & delivery of learning/management techniques
- Ensures that training materials meet QNB and internal client quality standards. Conducts regular reviews/audits of internal or external training materials to ensure compliance with quality standards and content/assessment relevance.
- Undertakes research to identify 'best practice' training initiatives to continuously review, analyze and update training programs.
- Identifies, introduces and develops self-learning methodologies, creates awareness with respect to various self-learning methods. like CBT/videos, books, magazines.
- Manages the relationship with other GHCD departments e.g. with Talent Management team to understand Talent development needs and help develop/deliver customized courses, programs and learning solutions.
- Takes on other ad hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Learning & Knowledge:
- Possesses knowledge and application of best practice curriculum design and development, learning tools, instructional techniques, frameworks and technologies
- Team management - sets and manages team effectively to successfully achieve, KPIs/Goals and Objectives
- Holds regular meetings with direct reports and assess their performance as well as the department's overall performance on a regular basis.
- Conducts regular reviews with staff in the team to ensure that all projects are executed in a timely & effective manner
- Takes decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved grievances or conflicts within the team
- Identify areas for professional development of self and all direct reports, and act to enhance professional development of self and others.
- Ensures high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.