Responsibilities: You will be on boarded in the Software Development team that develops and maintains software solutions to address the business needs in IT infrastructure. The small development team is exposed to the domain knowledge of different responsibilities of Infrastructural and User Support, while using Agile framework at scale. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Engineer with a strong desire to use modern development technics to change the way infrastructure is being deployed and managed. The candidate must demonstrate a strong willingness to learn about new technologies related to infrastructure, new ways of working and share her own experience/knowledge as required by the team to deliver the products. In a self-managed environment, high degree of autonomy, responsibility and collaboration are required. Main responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software to manage infrastructures hardware, purchase procurement and staff movement support.
- Exchange with infrastructure engineers to explore innovative solutions for mission critical infrastructure.
- Measure and monitor software usage and behavior and define necessary improvements.
- Engage in incident response to restore production services involving software issues.
- Guide junior developers on development principles and technical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Ruby.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in Python web development.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments and/or cloud technologies.
- Experience in database design and other data storage solutions.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting scalable distributed systems.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed (preferred).
- Experience in CI/CD practice, Git versioning control, MVC Rest API, Test-Driven Development and Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with Front-end Web development, such as React or AngularJs
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and motivation.
- Network and other related fundamental infrastructure technologies or services.
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations.
- Client - Client focus: I nurture a long-term relationship with the clients/internal partners
- Team Spirit - Open mindset/Respect: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Innovation - Technology: I include technological breakthroughs in the strategies implemented
- Responsibility - Empowerment and Accountability: I give resources and autonomy to make decisions
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting (Masters level) City of London College of EconomicsAED 1,466
AED 3,664Duration: Upto 12 Months
Online Anti-Money Laundering Skills Course GateAED 77
AED 811Duration: Upto 7 Hours
Advanced Strategies: Accounting, Financial Control and Appraisals London Training For ExcellenceAED 6,428Duration: 3 Days Live virtual classroom
Certified Finance Manager (CFM) Inspire Training CenterAED 4,198
AED 4,882Duration: 9 Weeks Live virtual classroom