Ted’s Mission Statement Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’**
Where does this role fit within Ted’s Team?
The Production team are the primary contact between internal departments and external suppliers. Our main focus is to ensure Ted’s garments are delivered on time, in margin and to the quality standard required.
Working within the Production team, alongside other Production Co-ordinators, Production Specialists and the Head of Production.
- Each PC is responsible for managing their own product area and current and new supplier base. This involves daily communication with suppliers, factories, agents and mills, as well as daily liaison with internal departments at Ted.
- The main focus is to ensure the critical path is adhered to and delivery targets are met. To maintain and wherever possible to improve profitability without loss of quality.
- Ted’s production team are involved in the full life cycle of the garment from initial development with the Designer and the Garment Techs, to bulk production, through to delivery into warehouse and there on into store.
- Working proficiently with the company systems CIMS and PLM.
- Maintaining and updating CP on a daily basis with regular updates from suppliers.
- Approving lab dips, trims, strike-offs, bulk fabrics swatches, care labels, label positioning, packing type (hanging or flat-packed) etc before production commences.
- Analysing and approving test reports.
- Overseeing progress of samples. To ensure all SMS are into the business on time. Thereafter, monitoring subsequent fit samples and shipment samples with the Garment Tech in the time scale required.
- Monitoring and maintaining levels of stock trims.
- Housekeeping ie updating systems for correct ex factory dates, setting dockets to “DEAD”, shipment types, fibre contents, wash care etc.
- Calculation of final costs and adjusting cost prices on CIMS.
- Setting up and sending out BOMS and barcode files.
- When styles are ordered, check and amend where necessary BOMS.
- Send barcode files or print barcodes and send to the factories.
- Resourcing and cross-costing styles and trims.
- Calculate the value of fabric and trims in factories for twice-yearly stock takes.
- Monitor fabric orders, chase fabric mills for bulk fabric swatches, paperwork and confirmation of fabric shipments.
- Receipt fabric stock, authorise invoice for payment.
- Allocation of fabric to docket and writing final work dockets.
- Manage fabric stock levels.
Tools of the Trade…
- Must have previous experience in a similar Production Co-ordinator role.
- Technical knowledge in woven fabrics preferable but not essential.
- Degree level preferable.
- Computer literate – Word & Excel.
- CIMS and PLM (full training will be given).
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational
- and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritise work load efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Outgoing and confident
Ted’s Core Competencies…
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
- Take ownership, be accountable
- Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Certified Inventory Manager VskillsAED 206
AED 426Duration: 1 To 2 Months
AED 411Duration: 1 To 2 Months
Building Dynamic Supply Chain Management Ecosystems Neutral DynamicsAED 4,000
AED 5,000Duration: 24 Hours Live virtual classroom