Job Description SummaryAs related customer equipment, faciliaties or infrastructure projects: responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Fully remote position.
Job DescriptionRoles and Responsibilities
- Working primarily from a GE or home-based office location, the Remote Project Manager is responsible for driving customer satisfaction and process productivity throughout the project installation by:
- Acting as the primary liaison between GE and customer project teams with onsite support from Service & Sales
- Identify GE and customer responsibilities and deliverables as defined in the sales contract
- Creation, maintenance, and routing of formal project implementation timeline with collaboration between the customer, GE, and contract resources
- Maintaining accurate project milestone date accuracy creating visible and predictable project data for key business metrics and revenue forecasting
- Regular tracking and communication of implementation progress including project kick-off, regular status updates, and project closure. This includes tracking of equipment delivery, installation, and testing
- Identification, escalation and resolution of issues, which might affect customer satisfaction and GE operational targets
- Lead implementation team during clinical “Go-Live” of the equipment
- Participation in process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of project management experience, or an Associate’s degree and 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and competing priorities to meet scheduled project completion dates and customer expectations.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse work partners internal and external to GE and our customers.
- Ability to work effectively from a GE or remote home office location
- Ability to work with and influence fellow team members to achieve mutual goals
- Ability to communicate effectively and facilitate meetings via teleconference or in person with multi-functional groups
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Willingness to travel up to 10%, with overnight stays when needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office Applications
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a customer-friendly manner
- Experience with large-scale project management where deadlines are met on or ahead of schedule; construction, healthcare IT or equipment installations experience preferred
- Demonstrated customer service experience working remotely with external customers in a clinical environment
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to installation teams and contractors
- Formal coursework in project management
- Knowledge/experience with the healthcare industry and GEHC products
- Proficient in project Management Software such as MS Project
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Note: To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.